All Applicants must possess one of these recognised qualification:
- NVQ Care Level 3 ( with this qualification you must have experience working with children ages 10-18).
NVQ caring for children and young people level 3
Level 3 in health and social care - children and young people
Level 3 diploma in children and young people's workforce: social care pathway
Level 3 diploma for residential childcare (England).
Level 3 diploma in health and social care children and young people for Wales and NI.
- To understand and adhere all policies and procedures, including reference to those contained within the employee handbook.
To understand and apply safeguarding practices and processes.
To understand and deliver the young person’s Quality of Life Plan on a daily basis.
To meet all the basic physical needs of the young person on a daily a basis.
To keep up to date accurate records for the young people in line with systems of the home.
To carry out tasks and maintain all relevant records pertaining to fire safety, health & safety and other records as directed by line manager.
To ensure understanding and compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998 and the Equality and Diversity Act.
- To develop an understanding of the PACE (Playfulness, Acceptance, Curiosity and Empathy) House Model of Therapeutic Parenting and implement this on a daily basis in the care of young people.
- To implement all learning with regard to training - including PRICE (Protecting Rights in a Caring Environment) on a daily basis.
- To ensure all domestic duties in the home are carried to the highest possible standard.
- To set high standards in home-making and care for the fabric, equipment and grounds of the home and wider organisation.
- To actively contribute to the creation and maintenance of a therapeutic homely environment, taking into account the young person’s wishes and preferences.
- To maintain vigilance when supervising young people in line with risk assessments to ensure that significant behaviours are noted and recorded.
- To develop skills, knowledge and experience in accordance with a personal development plan agreed with line manager to develop working practice and set professional goals.
- Young People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job