The purpose of this role is to deliver training and coaching to apprentices through new standards with the aim of each learner successfully achieving end point assessment. You will be responsible for delivering quality, engaging and motivational 1-2-1 and group schemes of work to apprentices.
As a trainer/IQA you will measure learners achievements, trainer judgements and knowledge ensuring that learners can achieve qualifications, trainers are making the correct judgements and that DH Associates are offering a high quality service.
- As a Trainer you will need to deliver timely apprenticeship standards including Functional skills (mathematics/English Levels 1 & 2)
- Set and monitor training targets that link on and off the job training
- Act as a client liaison to support client programme development
- Adhere to ESFA/CIF/OFSTED/AO requirements
- Manage your diary effectively to ensure all apprentices are seen on a 4-week basis
- Organise and maintain documentation to demonstrate the progress apprentices are making
- Overcome barriers to learning and adapt delivery to meet learner’s needs
- Be quality driven and always put the learner at the heart of everything you do
- Advise and guide learners to make informed choices in relation to their future development, including further qualifications and career progression
- To attend standardisation & team meetings
- As an IQA you will be responsible for monitoring the quality of assessment judgements
- Ensure that consistent and reliable assessment judgements are made
- Highlight any problems, trends and development needs of trainers
- Ensure that all policies and procedures are adhered to and maintained
- Have relevant occupational experience in the subject area
- Have a drive and passion for delivering timely quality provision
- Have previous experience of motivating and engaging curriculum delivery and a track record of successful learner outcomes
- Hold (or be working to) a A1/CAVA or equivalent qualification
- Hold (or be working to) a teaching or equivalent qualification
- Hold (or be working to) a V1/IQA or equivalent qualification (desirable)
- Car driver essential
- Excellent interpersonal skills to be able to engage with clients and colleagues
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Excellent time management and organisational skills
- Drive, determination and flexibility to achieve quality objectives and targets
- A strong passion for lifelong learning
- Professionalism and credibility in managing internal and external relationships
- A strong team-player with a determined and flexible approach to making a positive impact in the new organisation.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'