Cathedral Appointments are looking for an enthusiastic Childcare Lawyer to join our client’s reputable firm based in Plymouth. This role would suit either a Legal Executive or a Solicitor with a minimum of 3 years’ PQE who has extensive experience working as a Public Law Children’s Specialist. You will deal with a busy caseload and you will be committed to helping particularly vulnerable clients.
Responsibilities of a Childcare Lawyer will include, but are not limited to:
- You will deal with a busy caseload of clients
- You will be acting for parents, children and/or the Local Authority in Care, Supervision and Adoption matters
- You will attend Court and be the Advocate for your client
- You will be happy to network and talk to a range of local people in order to promote both yourself and the firm
Background/Skills of a Childcare Lawyer:
- You will be a qualified Solicitor or Chartered Legal Executive with specific experience of working with Public Law Children cases
- You will be a capable Advocate
- You will have experience in acting for parents, children and / or the Local Authority in Care, Supervision and Adoption matters
- You will be a member of the Law Society’s Children Panel or working towards accreditation
- You will have excellent knowledge of the Legal Aid rules and regulations
- You will manage your files so that they are compliant with the legal aid agency requirements
- You will have excellent IT skills
- You will be a team player
- You will be focussed on providing exceptional service and advice to your clients
- You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
If this sounds like the ideal opportunity for you or if you would like more information, please get in touch with Sophia Damshenas at Cathedral Appointments for a confidential chat today.
Please note, Cathedral Appointments are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to the above role.
Key Words: Public Law Children, Childcare, Care, Vulnerable Clients, Legal Aid, Local Authority, Supervision, Adoption, Children’s Panel, Legal, Fee Earner, Solicitor, Law Firm, Legal Executive, CILEX, LLB, Law Degree, Law, Jobs in Devon, Devon Jobs, Jobs in Plymouth, Plymouth Jobs
- Family Law
- Law Firm
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job