Child Support Worker-School Hours
Milk Education is partnered with a Primary special school in Manchester City Center that is looking to appoint several Child Support Workers to start asap!
You will be required to work with children aged between 3 and 11 with learning disabilities and autism as well as other complex care needs under the supervision of the class teacher. Hours are 08.30 – 15.30 Monday to Friday, term time only. Applicants must be available for the 5 days per week specified and want a permanent role.
To be considered for the post, you must:
- Have previous experience working with children or adults with Learning Disabilities or Autism within the last 2 years.
- Be passionate about working with neurodiverse young people
- Experience in moving and handling and personal care would be desirable but not essential
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good communication skills
- Able to build relationships with children or young people
- Have the desire to change the lives of young people
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Supervising the students in class, ensuring they complete set tasks
- Delievering interventions
- Guiding students through the curriculum
- Managing behaviour
- Upholding school’s behaviour and safeguarding policies
- Personal care
- Supporting on school trips and outings
Full training will be provided for applicants making the transition from the health and social care sector into education.
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'