Job Title: Child Protection and Safeguarding Manager
Location: Plumstead, South East London
Salary: £30,416 per annum
Job Type: 35 hours per week, Term time only plus 1 week (39 weeks)
Closing date: Friday 16th February
The school is a thriving and rapidly improving school with its own Sixth Form, dedicated to providing a world-class education to the young people and families of Royal Greenwich. They hold a strong commitment to promoting excellence, justice and success for young women and they are looking forward to extending this to young men as they welcome a mixed intake in to Year 7 from September 2018.
Their goal is to inspire and nurture young people of all abilities and backgrounds to develop a love of learning which will sustain them through their lives. It is this which will successfully see them into further education and the fulfilling career of their choice. They believe that high quality teaching, in a safe, friendly and harmonious community, is the key to unlocking the potential that all their young people have, so that they can go on to change the world for the better.
They are seeking a Child Protection and Safeguarding Manager to join their Pastoral Team. As the Designated Child Protection Coordinator for the school, you will be responsible for the management of Safeguarding and Child Protection issues. You will support the Leadership Team in providing a safe environment for students to develop and learn.
You will need to:
- Be familiar with best practice in pastoral care and safeguarding
- Be familiar with procedures and processes for Child Protection issues and Looked after Children
- Have experience of working effectively with vulnerable children/young people who may display anti-social behaviour, in an education, social work or youth work setting
- Have experience of supervising the work of others
- Be able to liaise with a range of Pastoral staff across the school, and to disseminate best practice to them
- Be able to maintain accurate and confidential documentation
- Be qualified to degree level or equivalent
What's on offer:
- Dedicated and supportive colleagues
- Excellent professional development and guidance
- A whole school commitment to excellence and justice in a successful and harmonious community
To apply for this role please click APPLY button and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the application form.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment.
References will automatically be requested for all shortlisted applicants prior to interview. The successful applicant will be required to be DBS checked prior to taking up post.
IMPORTANT: Please read through this information carefully as this must be completed to submit your application fully
Candidates with previous job titles and experience of; Safeguarding Manager, Senior Social Care Manager, Social Manager, Child Care Manager, Child Social Support Services Manager, Social Services Manager, Child Protection Manager, Social Worker Manager may also be considered for this role.
- Social Manager
- Safeguarding Manager
- Child Care Manager
- Senior Social Care Manager
- Child Social Support Services Manager
- Social Services Manager
- Child Protection Manager
- Social Worker Manager
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job