Childcare Worker needed ASAP for Therapeutic Children's Service in Hove.
Your new company
The company has been operating for 26 years providing therapeutic residential care and specialised therapeutic education to children and young people aged 6-18 years, supported accommodation to young care leavers aged 18 years and older, and a specialised training and consultancy service.
Your new role
- Immediately alerting a Manager, Service Manager, or one of the Directors of any and all concerns or allegations regarding inappropriate or unacceptable practice occurring within the home, the organisation or external agencies regardless of the formal position of authority or level of seniority of the person to whom the concern or allegation relates, and including Directors.
- Assist in accurately and effectively assessing the needs of the children and young people and delivering services within a framework of good professional practice.
- Act as a positive role model for the children and young people both within the home and when supporting them within their local community.
- In every interaction actively encourage, promote and respect the rights of individuals including issues of ethnicity, cultural and religious beliefs, and personal values and practices, and confront prejudice.
What you'll need to succeed
- Knowledge and a working understanding of good child care practice and healthy child development.
- Experience of delivering quality care and nurture to vulnerable children and young people
- A reasonable level of competency in ITC skills including Word, Excel, Email/Internet, and able to operate basic ITC appliances including telephone system, fax machines, scanners, and photocopiers
- Experience of or at least appreciation of the stressful and emotionally and physically challenging nature of the task and role.
- Ability to take on board instruction, confidence to use own initiative when appropriate, and able to accept personal authority and responsibility.
What you'll get in return
You will finish your work satisfied that you have made positive difference to a young person's life. You will be paid a competitive wage, based on your experience and the responsibilities of each assignment. In addition to this you will gain the opportunity to further your experience and skill-set within the social care sector in order to develop a successful and rewarding career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job