Child Care worker
This is an exciting opportunity for a positive, enthusiastic and motivated individual who has a desire to meet the needs of children and young people. The role involves working in a therapeutic home and supporting children attending Therapeutic School. Similar to the role or a Therapeutic Carer, except that you will also be undertaking a 6-month work-based basic training programme that will equip you with the skills and knowledge allowing you to be considered for automatic promotion to Therapeutic Carer following relevant assessment. Benefits include additional duties payment, special bank holiday bonus, regular salary progression and commitment to continued learning and development.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Effectively and appropriately care for the children and young people whilst gaining the necessary training, knowledge, skills and experiential learning necessary to be a Therapeutic Carer
- Actively engage in all aspects of the care and education task
- Assist in supporting each child or young person to gain a positive experience of being looked after and educated throughout their placement
- Provide opportunities for each child or young person and the group as a whole to gain an experience of being cared for and educated in a positive, real, and meaningful way
- Actively develop your skills, knowledge, and understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Therapeutic Carer through using all opportunities and resources offered to you and at your disposal
- A minimum of 1 year proven experience gained in the field of residential child care or social care.
- Knowledge and a working understanding of good child care practice and healthy child development
- A reasonable standard of education and general knowledge
- Insight into the needs of children and young people living in the care system
- Experience of encouraging children and young people to develop their full potential
- Experience of delivering quality care and nurture to vulnerable children and young people
Closing date: ASAP
Contact:Addy Fahie at Developing Your Potential
Developing Your Potential is an Employment Agency and an Employment Business.
We will collect and store personal information that you submit to us via this advertisement. For further information on how we use and protect the information that you provide, please visit our website.
- Child Development
- Child Protection
- Young People
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"