Chief Technology Officer
Are you well versed in leading a development team, using the latest tools, software’s and languages and in the fast-evolving Cloud Computing environment? Are you commercially focussed, able to play a broad role within the Senior Management Team as well as being technically motivated? Are you passionate about the user experience? If yes is your answer to these questions, this could be the ideal job for you.
Our client is VC backed software house, operating at the forefront of the fast paced and exciting sector that is Cloud Computing & Services Distribution. They have well established and award-winning relationships with some of the world’s most prolific players in the sector, including Microsoft and Symantec, as well as others. They’re ideally positioned, with the support of their partners, both current and future, in the acquisition of a share of this enormous market place - their time is NOW…!
They have a strong international footprint in their market, with an appetite for significant growth both in terms of product range and new customers and with the right team and the investment in place, they are poised for even greater success.
Their USP’s are many but, within your responsibility will be the re-development and ongoing evolution of the platform - essentially a B2B ecommerce platform for Cloud Services.
As CTO you will play an inspirational role within the Senior Leadership Team whilst personally responsible for overseeing all technical aspects and resources for business innovation and growth. You will Inspire, lead and establish a technological vision for the company and the development of the platform.
- Architect, implement and manage the complete product development cycle of the platform
- Be a Technical Evangelist - create visionary plans, develop, inspire, excite and communicate, continually evolving the company’s strategic technical direction
- Consistently evaluate the platforms technical efficiency, driving automation where possible and spearheading projects to increase their market reach and to improve their USP’s
- Take the initiative in technological thought leadership, innovation and creativity
- Supporting, managing and coaching an exceptional DevOps team to build simple, scalable and innovative technology
- Demonstrate credibility and articulate the business value and ROI to a variety of audiences at different levels
- Serve as the public face of technology for the company, leading technical relationships with partners, vendors and suppliers
- Identify competitive advantages and key technological trends
- Support the organisation by articulating and communicating the long term technical roadmap, strengthening the partner’s confidence that the company is leading in the industry
- Educate the business on cyber security best practice and work towards continuous improvement of security awareness within the company culture
- Budget management for all elements of Development
- Work with all departments to use new technologies to streamline company policies and rules, particularly around Internet usage, security and GDPR, and establish security policies, standards and KPIs across the business
- Support company-wide R&D initiatives including incorporation of new technologies
- Coach teams through Agile routines and ceremonies including Sprint Planning, Scrum, Backlog Refinement, Demo, Retrospective, and Planning - transitioning responsibility to the team over time
- Develop and direct all networking safeguards to reduce the risk of outside breaches and protect sensitive internal and external customer information
- Direct the development and implementation of Disaster Recovery plans
- Track, analyse and monitor platform performance metrics
You will be inspirational in your approach, results focused and in tune with maximising the return on investment (ROI).
With a superb management team in place, a value rich proposition, an enviable base of existing partners and significant backing, this role is the final piece to enable this business to achieve a step change in its growth.
If you are interested in this truly exciting opportunity and would like more information apply NOW for immediate consideration.