Chief Operating Officer COO
Here at Human Appeal we have an exciting opportunity for a Chief Operating Officer to join us at our Head Office in Cheadle, Greater Manchester. You will join us on a full time basis as part of an initial 1 year fixed term contract and in return you will receive a competitive salary of £60,000 - £70,000 per annum.
Human Appeal is a faith-based international charity that aims to tackle poverty by providing humanitarian aid, sustainable development programs and championing advocacy for our beneficiaries worldwide. We save lives and empower local communities whilst championing humanity, impartiality, neutrality, and independence.
Benefits of joining us as our Chief Operating Officer (COO) include:
- 35 Days Annual Leave
- Matched Pension Contribution
- Flexible Working
- Employee Discounts and Memberships
Key duties and responsibilities of our Chief Operating Officer (COO):
- Deputise on all leadership aspects for the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), developing a positive and productive staff culture
- Oversee daily operations of Human Appeal and the work of key supporting departments
- Design and implement key business strategies and expansion activities to drive sustainable and diverse growth of the charity, in line with HA strategy and income generation targets
- Supporting the CEO to ensure financial security, including monitoring, reporting and controls of expenditure in line with the budget
- Supporting the CEO to ensure the long-term future of Human Appeal by successfully meeting and achieving annual income targets
- Supporting the CEO to ensure the robust governance of Human Appeal in line with statutory requirements
What we’re looking for in our Chief Operating Officer (COO):
- Educated to Degree level, ideally in a relevant field, e.g. Business Management
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of people-management
- Working experience of multiple business functions such as IT, HR, Finance, Fundraising, Programmes, Audit etc.
- Significant, demonstrable experience in Fundraising and Income Generation
- Computer literate and competent with MS Office package
- Fluent English is essential, with knowledge of additional languages such as Arabic, Urdu and Bengali desirable
- Flexible working approach in support of the organisation’s objectives
- Highly organised, with an ability to multitask and manage a busy workload
- Demonstrable passion for international development work and humanitarian aid
This would be an ideal role for an Experienced Charity Director who is looking to progress their career and make a difference in a rewarding role within the Charity Sector!
We are looking to appoint this role ASAP, and will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis, so for the best chance of success please click ‘apply’ today to become our Chief Operating Officer – we would love to hear from you.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'