Central London | Contract c.£850 per day - 12mth renewable contract
Defence & Security - Private Sector
We are looking for an experienced Chief Operating Officer or COO to oversee an organisation’s ongoing operations and procedures. You will be the company’s second-in-command and responsible for the efficiency of business.
The COO role is a key member of the senior management team, reporting to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO). You’ll have to maintain control of diverse business operations, so we expect you to be an experienced and efficient leader. If you also have excellent people skills, business acumen and exemplary work ethics, we’d like to meet you.
Specialist Defence & Security Consortium that brings industry and academia closer to government and law enforcement, and stimulates the flow of innovative, agile and flexible solutions to problems in the digital communications space, delivering real impact for law enforcement agencies.
We working in partnership with UK government and law enforcement partners, helping to identify threats, risks and areas of need, then works with the best and brightest businesses to facilitate innovative thinking, fast - to address these threats and risks, and solve not just current but future challenges posed to law enforcement by the rapidly evolving digital communications landscape. The consortium includes over 100 leading edge companies ranging from large system integrators like Atos & IBM through to specialist defence and security technology start- ups.
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Set comprehensive goals for performance and growth
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Finance, Customer Delivery etc.)
- Lead employees to encourage maximum performance and dedication
- Evaluate performance by analysing and interpreting data and metrics
- Take responsibility from the CEO all internal operational matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (corporate alliances etc.)
- Manage relationships with partners / vendors
- Defence and Security domain experience (is essential)
- Proven experience as Chief Operating Office or relevant role
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Working knowledge of data analysis and performance/operation metrics
- Working knowledge of IT/Business infrastructure and MS Office 365
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and public speaking skills
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
- Microsoft Office
- Security Clearance
- Business Operations
- Information Security