Chief Mechanical Engineer
Alecto Recruitment is in partnership with an established Manufacturing business based in Blackpool.
Due to continued our growth, our client is looking to recruit an experienced Chief Mechanical Engineer to assist in managing the Engineering team and carry out Mechanical Engineering works onsite.
As chief mechanical engineer you will be responsible for providing expert knowledge on engineering problems. You will be hands on, working on a busy shop floor.
You will be required to occasionally travel overseas totalling around 5 weeks per annum. You will be responsible for all company installations and onsite maintenance visits where mechanical skills are needed.
- Must be a time-served engineer ideally with knowledge on various automatic packing and wrapping machinery. Ideally the candidate would have worked on machinery for manufacturing candy or chocolate but this is not essential.
- Able to read and understand engineering drawings
- Excellent mechanical knowledge
- A general understanding of electrical systems
- Ability to strip down and re-build machinery
- Ability to develop engineering solutions
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- To provide and pass on expert knowledge and engineering skills to the rest of the engineering team
- Oversee all technical engineering work carried out by the engineering team
- Work hands on building engineering solutions on production machinery
- Aid the project manager in the timely completion of all jobs on the shop floor
- Work with the design engineer in developing new equipment
- Fault finding and implementing engineering solutions
- Lead installation projects at customers sites and act as main company representative
Salary: £35,000 - £40,000 dependent on experience
Monday - Friday position
7am -4pm Mon - Thurs, 7am - 1pm Friday
"To apply for this role and find out more details, please forward your CV to James Cox, Alecto Recruitment. or call in strict confidence.
Alecto Recruitment Limited is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
If your experience matches please forward your CV immediately.
We thank all applicants who respond, but only those short listed will be contacted.
For more information about the positions we are currently recruiting for, please take a look at www.alectorecruitment.com or follow us on Twitter @alectorecruit"
- Chief Engineer
- Chief Mechanical Engineer
- Mechanical Engineering Lead
- Mechanical Engineering Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job