This is a fantastic position, based in Guernsey, for the Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer to work at board level, responsible for the companies and group of companies compliance. You will be working with a strong team who are already in place, which you will manage, mentor and develop further.
As the Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer, you will ensure the entire groups operations, board of directors, management and employees are in full compliance with national and international laws relating to its business, as well as all regulatory compliance requirements of regulatory and licensing bodies.
This company is driving its business to greater heights and with its expansion and development of industry sector, comes greater responsibility in an ever-changing landscape. The Officer will receive many benefits such as a relocation package, bonus, share options and much more.
- Drafting new and review existing contracts and agreements relating to the group’s operational activities, both internally and externally.
- Compiling risk assessments and matrices across all areas of the business and developing strategies to mitigate those risks.Providing guidance and training to the board of directors, senior management, staff, and employees.
- Involvement in Due Diligence reviews, preparing reports on findings and advice on remedial actions.
- Reviewing, implementing and maintaining of all regulatory objectives (Anti Money Laundering, Counterterrorist financing, social Responsibilities, gaming addiction, marketing codes of practice, KYC and EDD on customers etc.)
- Analysing new and proposed legislation that impacts the company operation and initiate appropriate action plans.
- Reviewing and maintaining all terms and conditions of company websites ensuring they are compliant at all times.
- Developing and enforcing policies and procedures to prevent illegal activities in the day to day operation of the business and be tasked with assessing the effectiveness of those policies.
- Developing policies and programs that encourage managers and employees to report suspicious transactions.
Skills and Attributes:
To be the successful Chief Legal and Regulatory Compliance Officer you will have the following skills and experience:
- Preferably a Guernsey resident, or available to relocate- a must.
- Legal qualification or equivalent.
- Extensive experience in a legal and compliance related role
- Experience in dealing with gaming regulators as well as gaming experience is advantageous.
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work with and lead teams in a multi-geographical environment.
- Strong organizational skills to operate effectively in a fast-moving and dynamic environment.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to influence and form good working relationships at all levels.
This really is a pivotal senior board position working in a dynamic organisation with extensive growth plans which you will help pioneer and develop.
You will be living in a crime free zone, with excellent sports facilities, schools and quite frankly a quality of life and work life balance people only dream of on this idyllic island.
A competitive salary along with share options, bonuses, benefits and so much more.
- Due Diligence
- Regulatory Requirements
- Risk Assessment
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job