We are an engineering solution provider to the aerospace, defense and industrial sectors. We have been established for over 40 years and due to expansion are seeking an Chief Inspector to manage the Inspection team in our workshop.
Based near Alton, you will be working Monday to Friday 8.30am – 5pm. We are offering a competitive salary of up to £38K, with a discretionary company annual bonus. You will also benefit from free parking, 22 days’ holiday, pension scheme and a paid 8 hours’ absence scheme.
We supply to many OEM fortune 500 companies and have a presence across the UK, Europe and some of the US. We aim to be a 100 million turnover company while delivering excellence. It’s an exciting time to join a growing and forward-thinking company with opportunities for progression.
The main purpose of the Chief Inspector position is to inspect, monitor and ensure that products conform to specified requirements. To demonstrate and utilise a high attention to detail and an appreciation of the exceptional working standards in the Aviation industry.
Reporting to the General Manager and Operations Manager, the main duties of the role are:
- Acting as the focal point for quality issues
- Performing and maintaining accurate in-process quality inspection and records
- Working closely with third parties to verify processes, procedures and eliminate waste
- Processing first and final stage inspection of machined components, assembles and fabricated parts
- Processing vendor component inspection in an efficient manner, in order to determine if the product meets acceptance requirements, design data and quality control
- Performing quality assurance tasks within daily work, working as a stamp holder to certify the completed work in accordance with airworthiness regulations
- Assisting the Quality Assurance Manager with maintaining the facilities and also assist during quality audits with the relevant authorities and customers.
- Completing and maintaining quality assurance reports and documents required to comply with the company and customer procedures and order requirements
- Scheduling workload and assigning tasks within the quality function
To be successful as Chief Inspector you will have fabrication experience and at least 5 years of experience of performing first article inspection (within machining or engineering). A solid working knowledge of AS9100 & AS9102 and Nadcap is essential, as is experience of leading/supervising a small team. Experience within the aerospace industry is highly-desirable.
You will be confident and professional, with the ability to multi-task whilst working to challenging targets and deadlines. Solid mechanical and engineering knowledge is essential, as is a proven ability to interpret engineering drawings and quality requirements. You will have excellent communication skills (verbal and written) as well be highly numerical.
This role may require some travel within the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job