Our client is an AIM listed project management services company specialising in people, processes, training and systems integration. The Group has four divisions: Technology Solutions, Training, Consulting and Recruitment and offices in the UK, Australia and India. Together these divisions offer the company’s corporate clients integrated solutions to manage all aspects of new technology-led projects.
The company is currently undergoing a major transformation and restructuring programme and has a requirement for a dynamic, highly motivated, action-oriented finance professional with a strong track record in turnaround and restructuring situations and excellent communication / presentation / stakeholder management abilities.
In line with our clients growth strategy, the business requires a CFO who can play a central role in driving the ongoing acquisitive and organic expansion programme. In conjunction with this the incumbent will be expected to develop capability to ensure robust systems, processes and controls are in place.
The Group CFO will be central to all key decision making and will play a vital role in the continued success of the business. They will be a key business partner to the Executive Chairman and senior management and will support him in the company’s financing and M&A activities.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
- Oversight and ownership of the Group’s strategic planning process and Group budget
- Acting as commercial partner to Executive Chairman and senior team to facilitate Group’s growth
- Providing influence and guidance to operating businesses to maximise commercial success / identify synergies / cost saving opportunities
- Monitoring and driving financial progress of the business through timely and relevant financial reporting
- Providing commercial and strategic leadership to the business
- Managing liquidity and cash flow maximisation
- Reviewing and improving KPIs for all areas of the business in order to improve the quality and relevance of management information and ultimately to drive performance improvement
- Financial Controls; overseeing and improving all financial controls and processes across all functions and business units
- Budget and Reporting; overseeing the production of budgets and financial reporting, including monthly/ quarterly/ audited P&L and balance sheet reports
- Driving a best in class analytical culture across finance and elsewhere in the business
- Providing all supporting analysis to validate strategy and business plan
- Developing a forward-looking, strategic finance team which can support all areas of the business and help drive significant growth in profits in line with group strategy
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate is likely to have demonstrable track record of success as a CFO in a comparable listed business. Alternatively, you may have developed your career in divisional finance roles and/or corporate finance. Strong experience and track-record in M&A will be essential as will prior experience of having interacted with the City through dealings with banks and analysts.
Cultural and personality fit will be crucial. The successful candidate must have a commercial mind-set, high intellect and strong influencing skills. Furthermore, the incumbent’s attitude and his/her willingness to work hard to ensure delivery will be critical. Trust, loyalty and partnership are values that are very much at the core of our client and as such the successful candidate will be able to demonstrate these.
This role demands an individual who can be both strategic and in the detail, and who knows how to prioritise and get things done. In addition to being a high-performing, self-starting, individual the new Chief Financial Officer will have:
- Strong academic record to degree level supported by a recognised accounting qualification and/or MBA
- Ability to act as a business partner to the Chairman and senior management team, providing strategic, analytical and business support
- Ability to thrive in a hands on, extremely high paced environment where there is a constant requirement to add real value to the business
- Have an entrepreneurial mind-set, likely demonstrated through having worked in a combination of private equity-backed and / or public environments
- Strategic and corporate development capabilities
- Be experienced in structuring and delivering M&A activity
- Offer strong investor relationships which will give the City confidence
- Be a commercially-orientated financial leader with a business-enabling mind-set and positive attitude
- Excellent communication skills with the authority and credibility to gain respect both internally and externally with people at all levels
- Communication Skills
- Corporate Finance
- International M&A
- Investor Relations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job