Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Based: Doha Area, Qatar
Salary: Competitive Expat package including: Tax-free basic, Relocation, Housing, Airfare, Transport, and Discretionary Bonus.
Our client is an independent Power and Water producer based in Qatar, Middle East. They are currently developing a combined cycle gas power plant and desalination facility capable of generating 2,250 MW of power and 136.5 MIGD of potable water daily. The plant is due for completion in 2018.
As Chief Financial Officer you will be a key member of the senior management team, responsible for financial leadership and general administration of Company operations. You will provide leadership and coordination in the Human Resources, Information Technology, Business Planning, Budgeting, Accounting, and General Administration of the Company and will have significant commercial responsibilities. You will be required to establish and maintain a close working relationship with the lenders, off-taker, regulators, joint venture partners and shareholders.
As CFO, you will spend a significant amount of time at the site office to ensure good integration and communication between finance and other functions.
Financial leadership, business planning and reporting:
- Provide strong leadership for the finance function. Providing direction and guidance to members of the finance team ensuring high levels of motivation and personal development.
- Drive continuous improvement in the quality and efficiency of the company’s procedures including financial, operational, administrative, IT etc.
- Provide reliable and timely financial, management and operational reporting to the key stakeholders including the Board, Shareholders, and other senior managers.
- Present and explain financial and operational performance and key financial matters to senior stakeholders (including quarterly board meetings).
- Lead the annual business plan and budgeting process.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of the operating model for the plant and the key factors impacting on financial performance.
- Identify and manage commercial risks and opportunities.
- Provide financial and commercial Business Support to other departments.
Compliance and risk management:
- Ensure compliance with key project documents including the PWPA and Finance Documents through a proactive approach and detailed understanding of the relevant contractual terms.
- Contribute to ensuring and maintaining proper Health and Safety standards and compliance in the working environment.
- Manage the company’s insurance policies and related risk management requirements.
- Produce, improve, and maintain financial and risk management policies and procedures to ensure that the company’s operations are conducted in a consistent and well controlled manner.
- Ensure compliance with existing internal controls and policies such as management authorities and internal and external audits, following up and resolving any issues identified.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations including corporate tax and VAT.
- Proactively manage compliance with complex financing documents involving multiple international lenders and advisors.
- Act as the primary interface with third parties (such as lenders, legal and technical advisors) for all financing matters.
- Ensure proper tracking and compliance with all financial covenants and restrictions.
- Manage the company’s financial resources including equity and debt funding and guarantee arrangements to ensure the financial stability of the company.
- Manage drawdowns, disbursements, and daily working capital payments with the support of the finance team.
- Optimise the shareholders’ returns from project through proper management and planning of distributions and other optimisations (e.g. refinancing, DSRA LC etc).
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED/PERSON SPECIFICATION:
Key knowledge and attributes:
- Significant experience in a senior financial leadership role(s) in a similar or related business or industry.
- Proven ability to lead and improve finance teams.
- Significant experience working with complex commercial arrangements, preferably PPA / PWPA contracts.
- Experience of large scale / complex project finance arrangements ideally in an IPP or similar public-to-private infrastructure project.
- Able to contribute to identifying and proactively managing complex commercial issues such as disputes or damages.
- Hands on experience of preparing, presenting and reviewing business plans and budgets.
- Ability to communicate financial and commercial matters succinctly to senior stakeholders.
- Awareness of health and safety practices and procedures.
- Experience of working in the Middle East or similar location will be beneficial.
Qualifications and experience:
- Graduate degree, ideally in a technical subject (Finance/Engineering/Law/etc) or equivalent.
- Post-graduate accounting qualification (e.g. CA, CIMA, CPA) or equivalent.
- Strong and up to date knowledge of IFRS.
- Understanding of principles of Corporation Tax and VAT (ideally in Qatar / Middle East)
- Hands on experience with ERP / accounting systems (ideally SAP)
- Knowledge of the power and utilities sector, or similar high capex industry
- Strong leadership skills including motivating and managing a team with diverse backgrounds and experience.
- Good commercial acumen, in particular relating to the power (or similar) sector.
- Diligence and attention to detail when dealing with complex contractual / commercial matters.
- Strong communication skills including dealing with Board level and shareholders.
- Excellent organisational and prioritisation skills.
- Ability to work effectively with non-financial people (e.g. operational and technical staff).
- Ability and willingness to work as a team player in a multicultural context.
- Ability to use energy and enthusiasm to generate results.
- Power Generation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job