Job Title: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Location: Norwich (NR17)
Salary: £40,000 + per annum
Working Hours: Full Time, Permanent
The organisation is a group of companies joining together to create the Global Leader in Physical Activities Provision for Schools, Early Years, and Families.
The group has been providing schools, children and parents with innovative programmes and initiatives for over sixteen years. Established in 1999, they provide a wide range of services to schools and communities throughout the UK.
They are now looking to recruit a Chief Financial Officer to work in their office based in Shropham, Norfolk.
The CFO position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management operations of the company, to include the development of a financial and operational strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
Principal accountabilities are:
- Assist in formulating the company's future direction and supporting tactical initiatives
- Monitor and direct the implementation of strategic business plans
- Develop financial and tax strategies, utilising internal and expertise
- Manage the capital request and budgeting processes
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Manage the accounting departments
- Oversee the financial operations of subsidiary companies and foreign operations
- Manage any third parties to which accounting or finance functions have been outsourced
- Oversee the company's transaction processing systems
- Implement operational best practices
- Oversee the issuance of financial information
- Personally review and approve all HMRC filings
- Report financial results to the board of directors
- Understand and mitigate key elements of the company's risk profile
- Construct and monitor reliable control systems
- Ensure that the company complies with all financial related legal and regulatory requirements
- Ensure that record keeping meets the requirements of auditors and government agencies
- Report risk issues to the audit committee of the board of directors
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations
- Monitor cash balances and cash forecasts
- Arrange for debt and equity financing
- Invest funds
- Invest pension funds
- Participate in conference calls with the investment community
- Maintain banking relationships
- Represent the company with investment bankers and investors
The candidate chief financial officer should have relevant Accounting Qualifications (CIMA, AAT), or equivalent business experience and 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation. Should have experience in partnering with an executive team, and have a high level of written and oral communication skills.
- Be happy, have fun and give joy
- Create wonderfully enjoyable experiences
- Deliver WOW with every interaction
- Commit to continual improvement
- Build a positive team and family spirit
- Be adventurous, creative and open minded
- Nurture strong relationships through excellent communication
- Work smarter not harder
- Remain above the line at all times.
- Be outstanding and passionate in everything they do
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Chief Financial Officer, CFO, Head of Finance, Senior Accountant, Group Accountant, Finance Director, Head of Accounts, CIMA, AAT, Corporate Finance Manager, Finance Operations Director, Financial Accountant may also be considered for this role.
- Finance Director
- Senior Accountant
- Head of Finance
- Group Accountant
- Chief Financial Officer
- Head of Accounts