Reed Finance are exclusively working with St Bartholomew’s CE Multi-Academy Trust in Wolverhampton to appoint a full-time Finance and Operations Director on a permanent basis.
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT formed in September 2016 and currently consists of four schools which cross the borders of Wolverhampton and Staffordshire. The Multi-Academy Trust are deeply committed to implementing a collaborative approach to developing and securing excellent educational provision for all their pupils. St Bartholomew’s CE MAT welcomes both church and non-church schools into the Trust.
St Bartholomew’s are a young MAT with high aspirations for their pupils, aiming to create futures for all. In a relatively short period, they have established strong governance and leadership structures as the foundations for future growth.
This is an integral appointment in the next stage of their growth plan and one which will have significant influence in further establishing the work of the Trust and its ability to support the Trust’s schools.
This appointment will strengthen the Trust’s work with the 4 schools. Working closely with the Executive Headteacher, the successful candidate will firmly embed all the relevant financial and legislative frameworks, policies and working practices necessary for the Trust to flourish and grow as a successful Multi-Academy Trust. The role will provide excellent career development for the successful candidate, allowing them to build on their specialism but also giving the opportunity to learn new aspects of the business.
The successful candidate will have:
• ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
• A track record of managing a healthy and sustainable business, wherein income is generated and value for money achieved
• Experience of effective business management in the education or not-for-profit sector
• Significant experience of leading the strategic financial planning for an organisation within a Senior Manager role
• Experience of strategic business planning and the development of business opportunities
• Experience of financial, budgetary and risk management
• Experience of procuring services and monitoring contracts to ensure that value for money and key performance indicator requirements are met
• The ability to establish effective working relationships at all levels within an organisation and with outside organisations
• Resilience, the ability to handle high levels of pressure and ability to meet deadlines
• Confident at providing challenge and counsel in the face of a rapidly changing environment
• Committed to delivering the vision and ethos of St Bartholomew’s CE MAT
The Trust can offer:
• Opportunities for individualised CPD and other training
• A dynamic, committed, friendly and hard-working central Trust staff team
• Wide ranging experience working alongside a growing number of committed Infant, Junior and Primary schools
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and preventing extremism. In order to meet this responsibility, the schools follow a rigorous selection process to discourage and screen out unsuitable applicants.
St Bartholomew’s CE MAT requires all employees to undertake an enhanced DBS check. You are required, before appointment, to disclose any unspent conviction, cautions, reprimands or warnings under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975. Nondisclosure may lead to termination of employment. However, disclosure of a criminal background will not necessarily debar you from employment - this will depend upon the nature of the offence(s) and when they occurred.
Interviews: Friday 16th February 2018
This is an excellent opportunity for a senior qualified finance professional who is looking for an exciting and rewarding career move.