SME Growth Partners Ltd are managing this position on behalf of Visit Pembrokeshire.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a company seeking to develop an innovative approach towards marketing and promoting one of the leading tourist destinations in the UK.
The Chief Executive opportunity will shape an exciting new future for a vibrant tourism sector in the beautiful county of Pembrokeshire in South West Wales.
This new Destination Management Organisation is the first of its type in Wales and offers a fantastic opportunity for the right person to help drive growth and development within this key economic sector.
We are looking for an inspirational and empowering leader, who is able to define and deliver a roadmap that fosters innovation and change to deliver challenging strategic goals for our tourism sector.
You will have experience of achieving tough commercial goals. You will enable Visit Pembrokeshire to deliver its services and goals to the highest standards with measurable deliverables but will look well beyond this at how best it can fulfil its future potential.
A creative approach to membership growth, combined with proven experience in destination marketing and effective income generation strategies, will be key. You will also bring considerable experience of managing robust operational and financial performance.
You will bring leadership flair combined with a bold, entrepreneurial approach and a passionate commitment to be the principle Ambassador for Tourism within Pembrokeshire. You will demonstrate a deep empathy with the services, mission and values of the organisation and will instinctively know how Visit Pembrokeshire should build on its achievements to ensure a strong and vibrant future for tourism in the county.
This is a high-profile, complex role requiring an accomplished professional senior manager with strong experience of the tourism sector and working with Boards and senior stakeholders at the highest level.
Outstanding communication, partnership and alliance building skills will be essential and you will be adept at spotting and maximising opportunities to provide clear direction and effective management to staff, volunteers and members with the aim of growing the visitor economy and keeping Visit Pembrokeshire on a robust financial footing.
• Creative and entrepreneurial with a track record of success in a commercial environment, in the tourism or service industry.
• A proven leader who can motivate others and develop excellent partnerships, both locally and nationally.
• An individual with experience in roles such as Chief Executive, Chief Operating Officer, Operations Director, Commercial Director, Marketing Director, and Operations Manager.
• Resourceful, resilient, and innovative, with the ability to manage a range of different priorities, understand a wide range of activities and effectively manage a diverse team.
• Able to maintain the trust and support of the board, staff and all stakeholders with effective communications and performance.
• Able to balance a strategic overview with the attention to detail which is necessary to manage a wide range of activities, including marketing, membership operations, communications, finance and developing innovative approaches.
• A strong and effective communicator, able to work with the media, including occasional TV and radio interviews.
• Outcome focused and able to drive year on year growth.
• Has a passion for Pembrokeshire.
Pembrokeshire is one of the UK’s premier tourism destinations, with more Blue Flag beaches than any other county in the country and one of the world’s top hiking routes, the 186mile Pembrokeshire Coast Path National Trail.
While many people are drawn Pembrokeshire for its breath taking coastline and world-class walking opportunities, it is also home to some of Wales’ biggest attractions and numerous sites that bring the county’s rich culture and heritage to life.
• 37-hour contract across 5 days.
• Overnight stays, evenings, 28 days paid holidays including bank holidays.
• Requires a driving license and use of your own vehicle.
• Annual bonus subject to meeting agreed targets.
• Flexible working provisions.
An expression of interest and full job description and CEO pack is available from Jason Tomlin at SME Growth Partners Ltd
This advert is also available and advertised in Welsh.
- Commercial Awareness
- Executive Search
- Tourism Management
- Sustainable Tourism
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'