Our Client is the National Governing Body for an Olympic Sport in Great Britain. With a 17,000 membership across the whole of the United Kingdom, the sport has a thriving club and instructor network who work in collaboration with GB an elite athlete and Olympic Programme Organisation) who are bringing a series of World Class events to Britain over the next 4 years.
Currently looking to recruit a Chief Executive Officer to lead this exciting organisation.
The successful applicant will:
• Spearhead the strategic direction and culture of this olympic sport and act as an ambassador for the organisation
• Ensure the Brand works within agreed organisational values and consistently delivers against its strategic objectives
• Lead the day to day running of the company, ensuring the effective delivery of its business plan and strategy
• Work with the Board of Directors on matters relating to workforce, finance, corporate governance, development and services, marketing, communications, public relations and risk management
• Guarantee that safeguarding is embedded throughout the sport in accordance with safeguarding legislation, the governing bodies safeguarding policy, best practice guidance and education programmes
• Build relevant value for members, clubs, and instructors and ensure that clubs are developing and the membership increasing
• Attract increased investment into the sport by maximising assets and continually raising the profile, image and reputation of the brand amongst stakeholders
The successful applicant will need to be passionate and committed to the development of the sport nationally. Must be able to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines. They will need to demonstrate exceptional customer service, be able to work as part of a team with excellent planning, communication and presentation skills.
Occasional attendance at weekend events will be required.
• Define the business plan and strategy in conjunction with the Board of Directors
• Deliver the objectives of the business plan and strategy with support of the Board of Directors, sub-committees, working groups and staff ensuring key performance indicators are monitored and delivered
• Develop and present progress reports on the delivery of the business plan and strategy to the Board of Directors for regular monitoring and evaluation
• Develop and implement the brands marketing and public relations strategies
• Comply with general data protection regulations (GDPR)
• Develop and maintain company policies and procedures
• Develop and implement strategies to grow profitably, diversify income and manage budgets
• Act as the accounting officer in accordance to guidelines and requirements set out by the Board of Directors
• Ensure that the governing body is run with sound financial governance
Skills & experience
• A proven track record in leadership, staff management and running a business, ideally at NGB sport CEO level
• A dynamic leader with experience of managing change, and the ability to develop a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
• Experience of commercial management, governance framework, safeguarding policies, disciplinary procedures and working with a Board
- Risk Management
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'