The following job is no longer available:
Chief Executive Officer of The Market Place Leeds
Chief Executive Officer of The Market Place Leeds
Hours: 35 hours per week, worked in line with the requirements of the service
Working days: Weekdays, with some occasional evening and weekend work
Accountable to: The Board of Trustees
Line management: The Chair of the Board or their nominated deputy
Contact for more info:
Thank you for your interest in the post of Chief Executive Officer at The Market Place.
The vacancy comes at a time of growth for the organisation. In 2019 we secured a new three year contract (which includes the option of an extension for a further two years) from the NHS Leeds Clinical Commissioning Group to provide 'a Young Person's Social Emotional Mental Health Service' from our city centre base on New Market Street 'to improve the social emotional and mental health of young people living in Leeds.'
While we have recommenced offering youth work services onsite, the impact of Covid-19 means that much of our counselling work remains online. But, whether through in person or online contact, The Market Place board of trustees and staff remain as determined and committed as ever to ensuring young people are able to access our key services:
The next CEO will need to bring a vision for how our services can be maintained during ongoing restrictions and how the service can be refocussed once the pandemic has ended. Key will be sustaining staff morale and confidence and ensuring both the continuity of services and a unified strategic direction as the charity grows and develops.
Funding from the CCG does not cover all of our expenditure and we rely on grants from other trusts and organisations (including Children in Need, Henry Smith, Leeds Community Foundation and The Big Lottery in the past) to enhance and extend our offer to young people. Securing further funding will be crucial to our growth and development in the future and so increasing our external support will need to be a key focus for the next CEO.
The CEO is also the public face of The Market Place and must be confident acting as an ambassador and spokesperson for the organisation to commissioners, funders, corporate sponsors, stakeholders and partners. The Board are keen that the CEO engages with the NHS, Council and Third Sector Organisations in order to improve the services offered to young people across the city. The Market Place is perhaps best positioned to ensure that the voice and influence of young people themselves is heard and felt, and so the CEO should have a vision for how this particular aspect of the work of The Market Place can be strengthened and enhanced.
The Board understand that we are asking for a lot and that the role is demanding. We are determined to find and support the right person to take The Market Place forwards for the sake of the young people we exist to help. So please be honest with us in your application about your strengths and those areas where we can support your development. In return we are able to offer a rewarding, stretching role, working alongside highly dedicated and passionate colleagues and with the support of a committed and engaged board of trustees. There is scope to shape the role around the right person, and we are particularly keen to enable flexible working: the post is full time, but there is reasonable flexibility over how and when hours are worked.
- To be responsible for the strategic vision, development and ongoing management of The Market Place in line with its stated aims, objectives and policies.
- To provide support and services that meet the emotional wellbeing and mental health needs of young people across Leeds.
- To sustain and develop the young person centred ethos at the core of all work of The Market Place.
- To work in positive collaboration with managers, staff, young people and trustees to plan and develop services.
- To ensure that adequate funding is in place to ensure that the work of The Market Place can continue, with scope for growth.
- To work in partnership with the full range of relevant agencies to ensure that young people receive the services they need at an early stage to enable them to progress and achieve positive outcomes.
Management and Leadership
- Work with the Board to provide strategic leadership of the organisation and its resources, in line with the aims, objectives and policies of The Market Place.
- Nurture and sustain a positive, friendly and welcoming culture throughout the organisation.
- Provide effective line management and supervision of the Youth Work and Counselling managers, Operations Coordinator and Finance officer.
- Participate in the recruitment, selection and induction of staff.
- With the Operations Coordinator, develop a programme of ongoing training and development for staff, and promoting access to external training.
- Keep up to date with changes in law, HR, policy and practice issues relevant to the work of
The Market Place.
- Keep up to date with current practice issues and ensure that practice within the services remains young person centred and innovative.
- In consultation with the Chair of the Board, lead the organisation in responding to extraordinary circumstances and their aftermath.
- Oversee the monitoring and evaluation of the organisation's services.
Board of Trustees
Ensure the Board has access to all the information and practical support they require
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'