Chief Enterprise Architect
Circa £65,000 - £75,000 per annum, plus bonus
Stevenage, Hertfordshire/ remote
We are looking for a Chief Enterprise Architect to join the IET family!
We are the IET and we inspire, inform and influence the global engineering community to engineer a better world. As a diverse home across engineering and technology, we share knowledge that helps make better sense of the world in order to solve the challenges that matter. It’s why we are uniquely placed to champion engineering.
What you’ll be doing
You’ll lead on the overall architecture of our technology solutions, owning and managing the departments technology governance processes. You’ll also initiate and deliver technology evaluations and recommendations whilst driving the simplification and standardisation of the overall architecture. This in exciting role as our lead on best practise for system design, providing technology leadership and support for the IETs future plans, providing your technical expertise to proof concepts and support project teams.
What we hope you can bring to the role
As a natural influencer and leader, you’ll be able to support the business in defining their vision, especially where it impacts technology, as well as build effective stakeholder relationships at all levels whilst communicating complex technical information. You’ll have a strong level of experience with IaaS, Paas and cloud services and a background in developing and leading Enterprise Architecture teams.
Take a look at the day to day responsibilities and key skills below. If you feel you have experience in a number of these areas, please send us your CV as soon as possible for consideration. We are also open to discussing flexible ways of working, including reduced hours and working in an agile way. We are current receiving a high volume of applications and If we find a suitable candidate to progress with, we will draw the advert to a close.
If you are keen to join the IET Family, we look forward to hearing from you soon.
A little more about the role
- To drive improvement and simplification of the underlying architectures and capabilities of the IET
- Design the specifications, models and guidelines within a coherent architectural blueprint to meet user requirements reflecting IET’s established design principles
- Drive innovation within the solution set by applying new technology and facilitating the development of software interactions, connections and transactions
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to understand the market requirements, ensure successful application of architectural design, support development and delivery of products, and implement systematic leveraging and reuse of enterprise components
- Plan and coordinate activities to ensure compliance with regulations, standards and requirements
- Ensure all stakeholders understand the vision state and the approach to achieving the technology roadmap
- To oversee the management and be accountable for the information security function
- To own the department’s governance processes and principles, reviewing, documenting and reaching agreement with the management team
- Mentor and train the team to help shape strategies, solve problems, and create solutions
- Work collaboratively with other teams and communicate clearly and concisely, especially when dealing with technical topics
- To build in depth understanding of relevant areas of IET systems architecture and capabilities
A little more about what we’re looking for
- Experience in developing and leading EA teams, their capabilities along with experience of matrix management and ability to influence at all levels
- Ability to support the business in defining their vision, especially where it impacts technology
- Ability to use architecture models and frameworks to support business and technology design decisions
- Knowledge of enterprise and application design patterns
- Enterprise architect certifications eg Togaf
- Experience with IaaS, PaaS and Cloud Services such as AWS, Azure
- Understanding of architecture governance, design authority processes and overall solution design management processes
- Understanding of security management, governance and risk
- Strong collaboration and coaching skills
- Experience of working in an Agile development environment
- Has a track record of delivering complex programmes of work, drive change and influence at board level and put technology at the heart of an organisation
- Broad technical knowledge, and ability to quickly assimilate new skills
- A continual learner that stays updated on the latest technologies
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to translate technical jargon into clear terms
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Has a 'get on and get the job done’ attitude
- Experience of managing contractors and third party providers
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop relationships across boundaries and encourage participation and knowledge sharing with other stakeholders
The IET is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
- Cloud Computing
- Influence Others
- Enterprise Architecture
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'