Chief Engineer - Transmissions and Drivelines - Nottingham - £ 70-90k DOE
A Chief Engineer is required for a rapidly expanding transmission and driveline system company. This global consultancy is soon moving to fantastic new premises and growing to meet the extreme demand for its internationally recognised automotive transmissions expertise.
The Chief Engineer will work with other managerial staff to ensure project completion in an efficient manner. With responsibility for every phase of the project development, you will ensure project objectives are met. This will include working with the Engineering Department to provide detailed 3D CAD models and 2D manufacturing drawings and specifications for gearbox and drivelines.
Areas of work may include NVH simulation, gear design / transmission error optimization, efficiency improvements, lubricant flow and transmission control.
As Chief Engineer - you will be required to
- Have direct involvement and supervision of the design and analysis of transmission and driveline systems and components, such as gears, shafts, housings, selector systems, clutch systems and hydraulics.
- Be customer-facing and be able to travel occasionally to overseas client sites.
- Develop best engineering processes and practices.
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of transmission design and CAE tools.
- Manage complex projects and allocate resources appropriately.
As Chief Engineer - you will have
- 8 years of automotive transmission / driveline design and analysis experience.
- A high standard of competency in transmission / driveline design and analysis from clean-sheet design to whole transmission drawing release.
- The ability to determine innovative solutions to the numerous design challenges.
- An understanding of the commercial aspects of a consultancy business.
- Minimum BEng in Mechanical Engineering
What you will get:
- A competitive salary and benefits package, whilst working on exciting and dynamic projects in a fantastic new facility.
Suitably qualified and experienced Transmission and Driveline Engineers should apply today by contacting Paul Robson at Jonathan Lee Recruitment +44(0) or by emailing their CV and covering letter .
- Chief Engineer Transmissions Drivelines Automotive Mechanical Design