Chief Design Engineer
Exciting opportunity for a chief design engineer to join a dynamic business that is in growth mode!
The organisation has an impressive manufacturing and supply business model, a diverse product range and an enviable reputation as a trusted provider of critical power solutions. The company have recently been acquired by a leading corporate investment group, which plan to drive additional growth with investment and expansion to overseas markets.
As the chief design engineer, you will lead, develop, and motivate a team of ten design professionals. You will have responsibility for the mechanical and electrical development of the product range, providing in-depth technical advice for design projects. Further responsibilities will include: -
- Ensuring that products are designed, manufactured, and installed to client specifications.
- Identifying opportunities to improve the design process.
- Liaising with other departments (sales, quality, design, and production) to ensure that processes and procedures are reviewed, enhanced, and developed, working towards "right first time".
- Working with the sales department to develop standard parts and processes.
- Interfacing with project manager and manufacturing units to ensure that project run smoothly.
- Attending design meetings to ensure that the design is aligned with the scope of work and specifications.
- Responding to internal and external technical inquiries.
- Supporting sales during tendering and when quoting for projects.
- Representing the business in a technical capacity to customers.
To apply for the chief design engineer position, you will need: -
- Extensive electro-mechanical design engineering experience, ideally with power generation or acoustic equipment/products.
- Previous experience leading a team of multi-disciplined design engineers.
- Proven project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills
- Ideally, a degree-level qualification in engineering.
In return, the chief design engineer will receive a salary of up to £60,000 plus a benefits package including private medical (company contribution to be confirmed), pension and holidays.
If you are interested in the chief design engineer position, please click apply!
By applying you're giving consent for the Sigma Recruitment agency in Cardiff, to contact you regarding this job and other vacancies we're recruiting for.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'