Chief Commercial Officer, Exhibitions
A rare opportunity for a Commercial heavy-hitter to target the global exhibition industry and drive growth for a top regional venue.
We're looking for a senior exhibitions / trade show professional from a venue or exhibition organiser background, with proven experience of launching and geo-cloning events on an international basis and/or bringing in international events to a world-class venue.
You will be responsible for the development and execution of the venue’s commercial strategy, and the resulting expansion and revenue growth. Analysing the global exhibition industry, you will seek out opportunities in the market and lead on the research, negotiation and implementation of those opportunities while maintaining an awareness of available resources and capabilities. You will also have an overview of various commercial operations, from concept to marketing, sales and delivery in the venue.
Currently hosting over 300 events held by organisers already, and with a recent expansion offering additional floor space, this is a chance to spearhead the venue’s advancement by bringing in additional business from new and current clients, and launching your own events.
What you’ll be doing:
- Lead the development of the venue strategy
- Approve and oversee annual budgets and operational plans
- Lead the identification of expansion and growth opportunities through:
- Innovative and creative thinking in developing and expanding venue activities, marketing, selling and effectively delivering
- Analysis of current consumer and market trends for the purpose of expanding current operations
- Ensure the effective measurement of a wide range of venue performance indicators
- Ensure appropriate internal tracking to evaluate performance against identified objectives
- Ensure the effective designing of customer and exhibitor’s surveys and telemarketing campaigns
- Oversee the implementation and execution of the marketing strategy
- Overview the media and communication plans, ensuring the alignment with the various business units and venue identity
- Ensure the development of effective and strategic relations with media, local and international clients, and government agencies through approving associated communication plans
- Approve and provide guidance and support to the sales resource in achieving the sales targets
- Lead all the operations related to the launch of events, exhibitions and activities, and ensure their effective delivery
- Overview floorplans and master plans
- Lead performance assessment and benchmarking exercises
- Reporting to the Chief Executive officer
- Line management of Sales Director, Marketing Director, Business Development Director and Brand Director
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or Marketing or Event Management, Master’s degree is an advantage
- Ten to fifteen years’ experience in exhibitions industry or relevant industries, with at least three years in the region
- At least five years’ senior management level occupation
- Extensive understanding of the exhibition industry, major players’ products and services
- Extensive knowledge in data management and analysis
- Extensive understanding of consumer behaviour
- Extensive understanding of marketing and sales
- Fluency in English language
- Arabic is an advantage
- Advanced computer skills
- Advanced communication skills
- The ability to build effective relationships
- Strategic thinking / planning
- Employee development and empowerment
- Resources management
- Change Management
- Result orientation
- Team working skills
- Managing staff and assigning tasks
- Working under stress
- Customer Orientation
This is a great opportunity to establish yourself in a rapidly expanding region. The role commands a salary and allowances of AED 55,000 per month (circa £130,000) plus additional benefits and bonus, and is based in the UAE.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'