Our client, a specialist in Toxicology services are currently recruiting for an experienced Chief Animal Technician for their Preclinical facility in Cheshire. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in Toxicology and will be a scientific specialist for in vivo assays in support of Pharmacology, ADME/DMPK and Toxicology within the business.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the management of the scientific activities at the animal facility
- Be responsible to the maintenance of GLP qualifications at the animal facility
- Be responsible for good communication and relationships with veterinaries and Home Office inspectors
- Be responsible for the management and maintenance of Home Office project licences
- Be responsible for the management of the technical staff involved with animal studies
- Play a key role in developing and marketing new strategies, techniques for new or improved service offerings
- Monitor critical issues in the area of specialty and keep up to date on regulatory thinking
- Act as an ambassador for the company brand and values.
- This position is suitable for a candidate with the relevant experience in Pharmacology, Toxicology and have experience in conducting animal studies in a CRO or in a pharmaceutical environment.
- Home Office Licence 1-4 is a requirement (module 5 would be expected). Support for certification for the right candidate can be provided
- 5-10 years of experience in a CRO or similar position in an industrial setting
- Previous Experience of GLP compliance for in vivo studies is a requirement.
Agenda and its clients only recruit people who are passionate about animal care and welfare, people with integrity who are honest and trustworthy and who have a great work ethic. To enable us to hire the very best people we will conduct a full and comprehensive background and pre-employment screening as an essential part of the recruitment process.
- Animal Husbandry
- Animal Science
- In Vivo
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job