Apointe is working with a multi-million turnover company who are looking to hire their first full time senior accountant to manage a small team and introduce the levels of controls and technology required for the current and future business scale.
- Perform financial analysis and reporting to management as needed.
- Perform month-end accounting activities such as reconciliations and journal entries.
- Coordinate with finance team to complete assigned accounting tasks within deadlines.
- Evaluate and implement a computerized accounting system and associated policies and procedures.
- Generate financial reports and statements to Managers for review.
- Analyse financial discrepancies and recommend effective resolutions.
- Produce an annual budget and monthly forecast in association with stakeholders and report on variances.
- Respond to accounting inquiries from management in a timely fashion.
- Provide guidance to other Accountants when needed.
- Work with external accountants in auditing and statutory activities by providing necessary information and preparing requested documentation.
- Monitor and record financial transactions according to company policies and regulations.
- Manage the Balance Sheet ensuring required level of liquidity and cashflow through effective account payable and credit control.
- Set objectives and performance manage staff.
- Run monthly payroll.
- Oversee VAT and Tax Returns
- CEO and Group CFO
- ACA, ACMA, ACCA qualified with at least 5 years PQE in a similar role
KNOWLEDGE & EXPERIENCE:
- Experience of working in a SME with a "sleeves rolled up" attitude
- Experience of having implemented an accounting system and optimized processes
- Demonstrably strong financial accounting and tax management skills
- Building / transport industry experience preferred but not essential
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'