Our client’s accounting team provides accounting and operational services to the company and certain other affiliated companies through its offices in London and Scotland. The London office is found in the heart of the city. The role of Chief Accountant is a key hire for the accounting function which deals with a high volume of reporting from diverse locations around the world, working to strict timetables to facilitate the provision of critical information to top management in the Group.
Job Title: Chief Accountant
Authority:Delegated authority by the Chief Accounting Officer to execute assigned functions.
Reporting To:Chief Accounting Officer
The Chief Accountant manages the organisation, preparation and co-ordination of all financial reporting for the company and majority owned subsidiaries and is required to provide leadership to the accounting team and to monitor their performance. The Chief Accountant is required to continuously consider ways to work more efficiently in order to improve quality, save time and money.
- Responsible for the quarterly group and sub-group consolidations.
- Responsible for the preparation of the quarterly management reports.
- Responsible for the identification and the documentation of all non-routine transactions.
- Responsible for compliance of the financial reporting function with company controls and procedures.
- Assisting with the preparation and review of quarterly earnings releases and accompanying presentations.
- Participates in the preparation of the annual Form 20-F filed with the SEC.
- Participates in all local statutory accounting and tax reporting of the UK subsidiary and others as required from time to time.
- Participation in the preparation of non-routine SEC reporting.
- Management and co-ordination of the external audit process and associated liaison with auditors and legal counsel.
- Participation in M&A projects including the preparation of any resulting SEC filings.
- Participation in ongoing compliance with the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
- Research and resolution of US GAAP accounting issues.
- Staying current with US GAAP and SEC developments and requirements.
- Managing and developing a team of 5 accountants
- Oversight of reporting from external ship managers
- Provision of ad-hoc reports to senior management.
- A recognised professional accounting qualification and a minimum of 4 years’ post qualification experience.
- Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting.
- Experience of complex consolidations
- Proven leadership skills
- A team player with excellent communication skills
- Understanding of commercial drivers on the business and their financial impact
- Rigorous attention to detail
- Self-starter committed to delivering on time
- Ability to build strong working relationships across an international group
- Intermediate to advanced user of Excel.
- Knowledge of the shipping industry is essential.
- SEC filings
- SOX Compliancy
- US GAAP
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'