Chemistry Technician (working nights)
Chemistry Assistant Purpose of Job:
• To perform chemical analysis of materials in accordance to the standards set by the company. To ensure the laboratory is well equipped, in good working order to meet the needs of the business and support duties of Chemistry Technician
• Inspect and test incoming deliveries of chemicals and check and maintain relevant documentation
• Maintain documentation relating to chemicals, set up new chemicals on FTIR and create chemical specification within JDE
• Perform retest on chemicals as required
• Perform route set up of lab equipment and analyse QC sample
• Perform routine chemical testing of lotions
• Check and approve fluid batch records including JDE Barcode sheets
• Perform routine chemical testing of lotions after transfer to line
• Perform routine chemical testing of finished products.
• Analysis process water samples including test for pH, hardness and chlorine
• Run monthly JDE chemical expiry reports weekly soft hold reports and daily A hold reports and action review process with Material Control.
• Support Chemistry Technician in the development and validation of analytical chemical methods as required
• Support Chemistry Technician in training and assessment of mixing personnel in operation of chemical test methods.
• Ensure consumable items for the lab are in stock and order as necessary (review daily).
• Perform calibration of equipment as required.
• Keep QA Management informed of results and findings.
• Maintaining the laboratory in a safe manner, including observation of COSHH and Safety at Work Act.
• Provide data and reports to QA Management as requested or necessary.
• Assist in internal and external audits and customer visits as necessary.
• Perform internal audits and log and issue any resulting NCEs.
• Participate in NCE/NCM investigations as required
• As QA Chemistry Assistant, you will be expected to be professional in your attitude to the job and in the manner with which you conduct your duties.
• You must be willing and work on becoming capable of communicating across all levels of the business as required.
• To report to plant management or required corporate management on any technical and/or quality matters as necessary.
• Effectively communicate across all levels at the plant and develop capability to report to all levels of the business to ensure an understanding of any problems encountered.
• Ensure that you understand and comply with Health & Safety at Work regulations at all times.
• To ensure that all tasks are carried out in a safe manner
• Ensure that you understand and comply with GMP requirements at all times and serve as a role model to others within site.
• Ensure that you understand product safety, quality and customer specific requirements and working with the Quality Manager ensure these requirements are met at all times
• To assist, where applicable, to ensure that the company maintains BRC and other certifications and to continually work within relevant guidelines
• To assist in other areas of the department as required by the Quality Assurance Management
Job Type: Permanent
Job Location: Redditch
Working hours: Night Shift working 12 hour shifts Sunday, Monday, Tuesday