Are you passionate about shaping the learning of our future scientists? Enthusiastic about teaching your specialist subject of chemistry? Familiar with the general science curriculum up to GCSE level? Then this is the job for you!
We are currently seeking a full-time chemistry teacher for a temporary vacancy at a school in Bradford, starting immediately. The role is ongoing but may continue after the end of the summer term 2019 to cover absence. Located in a good north Bradford secondary school, the job involves teaching general science across Key Stages 3 and 4, with a particular emphasis on chemistry. You will also have the opportunity to teach some A-Level chemistry lessons if you are familiar with KS5. The job will be term-time only and is a great opportunity to work as part of a committed department.
- a good school with a community environment, a friendly, supportive department and great leadership
- a dedicated, professional and friendly consultant to support you and a branch with 24-hour on-call services
- competitive rates of pay paid weekly, which are fully compliant under the Agency Workers Regulations (AWR, 2011)
- commitment to your continuing professional development through free safeguarding, prevent duty, and Team Teach training
- a 'recommend a friend' bonus worth up to £300
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Plan, prepare and teach appropriate lessons within your specialist subject area of Chemistry and General Science, enabling all student abilities to access the curriculum
- Support colleagues within your department as required
- Maintain discipline, employing various classroom management techniques in line with the school's behaviour management policy
- Participate in and organise extra-curricular activities such as clubs, social events and outings
- Monitor pupils' progress and keep records on their development, as well as preparing them for qualifications and external examinations
- Attend meetings, parent's evenings and in-service training days as required by the school, helping them in all areas to the best of your ability
The successful teacher will have:
- A strong knowledge of the science curriculum, particularly chemistry at KS3 to KS4; KS5 knowledge would be advantageous
- A recognised teaching qualification (such as BSc QTS, PGCE etc): NB NQTs, QTLS holders and overseas qualified teachers are welcome to apply
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- A strong work ethic and a professional attitude
- The motivation to achieve and add value to the school
If this sounds like the job for you, apply today - don't miss out on working in this great school!
- general science
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'