A role at Eurofins is all about team work and working towards a common goal to ensure the health and safety of us all.
- Prepare, extract and analyse samples in accordance with standards of quality and the requirements of ISO17025.
- Preparation of calibration and quality standards to check method and instrument performance.
- Reporting and / or calculation of results in accordance with methods of analysis.
- Plotting and acting upon quality control data produced per batch.
- Maintain turnaround time at >99%, ensuring that daily targets are achieved.
- Maintain stock levels of consumable items for methods being undertaken.
- Responsible for ensuring that UK health and safety legislation is maintained and helping to ensure that the working environment is kept in a clean and tidy manner with due attention to the careful maintenance of all laboratory fittings and equipment.
- Ensure personal protective clothing equipment is worn in accordance with the Health & Safety policy.
- Work with the team to drive the laboratory forward through continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of Laboratory Quality Manual in order to ensure compliance at all times with the policies, procedures and associated documents which are referred to in the manual.
- To assist through operating best practice in order to meet the requirements of the UKAS 17025 accreditation standard.
- Provide a high level of internal and external customer care.
- To partake in any developmental training as required in compliance with the Company Standard.
- Responsible for promoting a professional image of the Company and for complying with the Company's Equal Opportunities and Harassment Policies at all times, including work related events which take place outside normal working hours.
- Comply with all relevant Health, Safety and Security Regulations.
- Read and comply with Company rules, procedures, agreements and any notices displayed by the Company throughout your location.
- Please note, this is a 5 month fixed term position.
What We Are Looking For
Alongside qualifications and experience, we look for people who believe in what we believe in. People who enjoy coming to work each day and being part of a team who provide "results that matter"inestablishing the safety, composition, authenticity and origin of our food and water.
- Enthusiasm, energy and a driven outlook.
- Good laboratory skills and practices
- GCSE Maths, English & Science grade C and above
- Science degree; or equivalent qualification; or significant laboratory experience would be benefical.
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team