A vacancy has arisen for a synthetic chemist in the Component Delivery Team. This team offers an opportunity to tackle a range of technical challenges offering chances to grow and develop and learn about a key area of the business. This role will suit a candidate with a strong interest in synthetic organic chemistry, qualified in a chemistry-based subject to BSc/MChem level.
- Carry out the design and synthesis of novel compounds to meet internal customer needs.
- Analysis including spectroscopy and chromatography
- Interact effectively with colleagues as well at third-party service providers
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of certain laboratory equipment
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Keep impeccable records of results in notebook and communicate results to supervisor
What skills will you gain from this role?
The candidate will develop expertise in a range of synthetic organic chemistry skills with opportunities to learn more about inorganic and polymeric chemistry.
A successful candidate is likely to have:
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet research targets and timelines
- Capable of overcoming obstacles through his / her own initiative and with minimal intervention from supervisor
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Able to interact and communicate proactively and harmoniously in the team
- Able and willing to take on wider responsibilities to enhance skill set
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team, with general guidance from supervisor
- The capability to accurately manage analytical results and technical information, manipulate data and maintain comprehensive records
- Strong scientific background with experience of working in a laboratory is preferred
My Client operates a flexible working policy and wherever appropriate will work with colleagues to accommodate their needs.
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position.
If you do not hear back from us within 5 days you have unfortunately been unsuccessful in your application for this position, however we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
Please note that no terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person's gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'