Witham - Essex
PURPOSE OF JOB:
To carry out duties to daily analytical requirements and to gain knowledge and expertise in analytical chemistry to produce results to preset targets under the guidance of the chemist/Laboratory Supervisor.
All duties to be carried out in accordance with the Company's policies, Health and Safety and Environmental policies and the Company's accreditation and quality systems.
- To develop good laboratory techniques and manipulation skills.
- To ensure that work is carried out in strict conformance with instructions, established methods and quality standard.
- To calculate and ensure results are understood and, when directed, checked.
- To gain knowledge of methods of preparation or analysis and to be able to follow them accurately under the supervision of the chemist.
- To learn and apply safe working practices, and to develop a full understanding of the application of the COSHH regulations.
- To learn and apply the role and importance of UKAS and ISO 9001:2000 in the Laboratory.
- To ensure that equipment is efficiently and effectively used, and where directed, maintained.
- To ensure that good housekeeping and a clean, safe and tidy environment is maintained in the Laboratory.
- Other duties as directed by the Laboratory Supervisor.
- To assist the team leader to prepare samples and to produce analytical results to a high degree of accuracy and within preset target times.
- To report to the Supervisor on any deviation from, or failure of methods, systems and procedures.
NECESSARY SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of four GSCE's at Grade 'C' or above, to include Math's and Chemistry.
- The ability to work as part of a team.
- Ability to exercise discretion and confidentiality.
- Ability to communicate with Company personnel at all levels.
- Skill to work to a satisfactory level of mathematical accuracy.
- Ability to prepare and analyse with speed and accuracy.
- Ability to work in an organised and disciplined manner.
When you are emailing your CV to Pursuit, please ensure it has your telephone numbers (including your mobile), your email and home addresses on. To confirm your identity, you will be required to bring your passport with you when registering.
Due to the amount of response we receive, unfortunately we are not able to give feedback to individuals, if you have not heard back within 7 days please assume that you have not been successful for the role you have applied for.
Don't keep a good thing to yourself we grow our business through referrals, so please don't keep us to yourself. If you think we're doing a good job and know of someone who would benefit from our services, please pass on their name and number to me and I promise we will follow it up.
Pursuit Resources Group is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. We are committed to equality of opportunity for all candidates. For more opportunities, please visit www.pursuitgroup.co.uk