Chemist R&D - synthetic / organic chemist - c£22-30K +Benefits
South East AB/J3836
A synthetic or organic chemist is urgently required to work closely with R&D teams to help drive the development of new technology platforms, deliver research & development programs and support the introduction of new prototypes and products to customer. This team offers an opportunity for a graduate chemist or experienced chemist to tackle a range of technical challenges offering chances to grow and develop and learn about a key area of the business. The role will provide laboratory and other technical support to the team, collaborating to develop and deploy next generation product platforms. As a chemist for a dynamic team you would gain exposure to a wide range of technology areas and new ways of working, opportunities to broaden network both inside and outside of the company.
- Carry out the design and synthesis of novel compounds to meet internal customer needs.
- Analysis including spectroscopy and chromatograph
- Oversee the maintenance and operation of certain laboratory equipment
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Keep impeccable records of results in notebook and communicate results to supervisor
What skills will you gain from this role?
The candidate will develop expertise in a range of synthetic organic chemistry skills with opportunities to learn more about inorganic and polymeric chemistry
- Co-ordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements; schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and analyse data
- Participate in project / activity teams, present results and conclusions of the work as required
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required to progress projects
- Liaise with external service providers to ensure analytical and bench testing are delivered to a high quality standard and against established timelines
- Provide expert support to Operations, Customers and R&D related to the chemistry, processing and applications of products.
- To have comprehensive understanding of technologies, products & applications with a view to developing new growth opportunities
Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience Required:
- BSc, MSc, MChem Organic Chemistry,Synthetic Chemitrsy or Inorgnic Chemistry Polymer Science, or a related subject.
- Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is preferred but also graduates with related organic or synthetic background through projects etc.
- Strong commitment to HSE and quality values
- Strong sense of urgency and able to drive work forward to meet targets and timelines
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
- Competent user of data analysis packages and word processing software
- Strong scientific background with extensive experience of working in a laboratory is preferred
They offer an attractive salary, commensurate with qualifications and experience as well as associated benefits, including Bonus and Pension Scheme.
To Apply: Please contact Alison Basson quoting AB/J3836 on
- Organic Chemistry
- Polymer Science
- Project Based
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'