An outstanding opportunity to join one of South Wales' most reputable manufacturing companies who are part of a global group, with 40 manufacturing facilities across the world. The company has a history spanning over a century and have built a reputation for delivering high quality and sustainable products to a diverse client base.
Due to growth, they require a laboratory technician / chemist who will be responsible for carrying out testing of products while ensuring lab operations are conducted in accordance with prescribed standards.
As the laboratory technician / chemist, you will be responsible for:
- Complying with safe systems of work.
- Analytical testing on products to provide reliable, accurate data.
- Keeping accurate records of work undertaken.
- Calibration of lab equipment.
- Classification and release of product via lab computer software.
- Raising any non-conformance reports.
- Lab housekeeping, safety auditing and monitoring stock levels.
- Storage and management of all lab retain samples.
- Ensuring full compliance with legislative and H&S requirements.
To be a successful laboratory technician / chemist, you will have the following skills and experience:
- Proven QA/QC lab experience.
- An HNC/degree in a scientific discipline (preferable).
In return, the laboratory technician / chemist will receive a salary of circa £28,000 (including shift allowance) + private healthcare + life assurance + childcare vouchers + pension scheme + company share scheme + cycle to work.
The hours of work would be 4 on 4 off shifts: working 2 day shifts (6am - 6pm) and 2 night shifts (6pm - 6am), followed by 4 days off.
If you wish to be considered for this role, then please click on the apply button.
NOTE if you apply for this position a consultant will review your CV and call you if your CV is a match.
If the consultant cannot reach you they will email and text you requesting that you call them back. YOU MUST return this call otherwise your application cannot progress!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job