Chemical Processor Team Leader
Chemical Processor Team Leader
Reports to: Operations Director
Hours: 8am – 4pm
Position: Full-time, permanent (6-month probation period)
Salary: £22,000 plus £2,000 Attendance Bonus
Chemical solutions. Made easy.
We provide bespoke outsourced chemical manufacturing and repackaging services to the UK & European chemical supply chain with a focus on delivering an unrivalled service. Our vision is to be recognised as the preferred chemical manufacturing & repackaging partner for the UK & European chemical industry, delivering long term innovative and sustainable solutions for all our customers.
Our client base ranges from global chemical companies to small independent chemical distributors. Companies who use our company do not have their own manufacturing facilities or are looking to outsource their operations to a third-party provider. We also supply bespoke products to industry as a result of end of life/divestment of products from major manufacturers.
Innovation sits at the centre of what we do, and we believe everything can be improved. For our customers we make their ambitions a reality, delivering tailored solutions for our clients and great career and development opportunities for our people. We believe relationships are key to building a successful business. We offer our customers a safe pair of hands and gain their trust to do an important job well without making mistakes.
We are building a great team of experts with extensive industry experience. We invest in our employees and our technologies, to be the best of show.
To safely carry out and manage the required operational tasks within the production area in accordance with our ISO9001 quality standards. Additionally, to lead the team of Process Operators and oversee all operational activities, including planning, maintenance, HSE, quality, reporting, problem-solving and general housekeeping.
The role is suitable for an individual who has experience within a chemical batch processing environment and safe chemical plant operational control.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Responsible for leading the team of the Process Operators.
- In collaboration with the Operations Director, to carry out all day-to-day aspects of the operation, control and safety of the plant and processes.
- Operational tasks to include receiving and locating of chemical raw materials, road tanker repackaging, batch liquid blending, packaged goods repackaging, and labelling/shrink-wrapping of goods.
- Responsible for the planning of day-to-day activities and liaison with the Sales and Customer Service Administrator.
- Carry out sustainable maintenance, repairs and modifications to plant and equipment in line with experience and training.
Health, Safety and Environmental (HSE)
Have a sound competence in:
- The control of environmental and safety risks caused by chemicals or processes used within the plant.
- Working with hazardous substances.
- Hazards and controls associated with work equipment & machinery, ladder safety, forklift truck operations, basic lifting and slinging and working at height.
- Manual handling and repetitive activities.
- Risk assessment.
- Fire/ Electrical/ Transport safety.
- The control of emissions.
- Using appropriate PPE when carrying out operational tasks.
- First aid at work.
- Apply and maintain our ISO9001 quality standards and make suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Taking product samples in accordance with Quality Assurance guidelines.
- Keeping management fully informed of activities within the plant.
- Recording of operational data for management analysis and reporting.
- Reporting any operational, quality, environmental or health and safety issues and taking resultant actions.
- Rectifying process problems in collaboration with the Operations Director.
- Taking responsibility for training, supervising or guiding others where appropriate.
- Developing co-operative relationships with others.
- Planning work with others and reviewing progress.
- Sharing knowledge and good practice with colleagues.
- Ensuring that the factory environment is kept clean and tidy.
- Team Leader experience and effective verbal, written and numeric skills
- Experience within a chemical batch process environment and safe chemical plant operational control
- Experience in the maintenance of vessels and pumps
- Able to take responsibility for initiating and completing tasks and procedures
- Be able to work to deadlines and respond in a flexible way to the changing demands of our work
- Ability to operate both Counterbalance and Flexible Drive Forklift trucks
- Confident communicator
- Excellent time management, organisational and interpersonal skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Not afraid to challenge us on our thinking and assist us in our quest for improvement and our drive for business growth
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Honest, friendly and approachable
- Good Level of IT literacy including Microsoft Office packages and databases
- Knowledge of bulk chemical handling
- Knowledge of Sage Line 50 Financial and Manufacturing software
- Knowledge of ISO Standards
Next Steps:To apply to our vacancy for a Chemical Processor Team Leader, please click Apply and submit a copy of your CV for con
- Process Control
- Project Management
- Instrumentation & Control
- Programmable Logic Controller (PLC)
- Distributed Control System (DCS)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'