Chemical Plant Manager
To be responsible to the Production Manager for:
- The safe and efficient operation of process operations and site utilities.
- Compliance with Health and Safety Regulations, all relevant Quality Assurance Procedures and all relevant Environmental Legislation within the Production department
- Accountable for the upkeep and maintenance of Plant Training and Operating Manuals within the Production Department.
- Co-ordination of the training requirements within the Production department.
- Maintaining optimum plant performance and process efficiency.
- Liaison with Front Office, Sales and Transport Department on production related issues to meet the business requirements.
- Support day to day activities within the Production Department during periods of absence of the Production Manager.
- Responsible for ensuring the safe and efficient operation of process plant and site utilities, whilst maintaining effective operational communication and management of resource within the Production department.
- Ensure production is operated in a manner conducive to Health, Safety, Quality & Environmental Practices, with particular reference to maintaining excellent standards of housekeeping
- Co-ordination of personnel and site process operations in consultation with other departmental managers, supervisors and staff, optimising production performance.
- In conjunction with other departmental managers, implement, control & maintain safe systems of operation ensuring effective and precise reporting mechanisms are maintained.
- Participate in the "on call" rota out of "normal hours"
- Maintain and issuance of Operating Instructions.
- Review of process technology providing process efficiency improvements in production rates, yields, environmental performance and quality.
- Implement production schedules in response to business requirements in consultation with the Production Manager and Logistics & Sales
- Provide weekly & monthly performance & forecast reports
- Support & lead CI, SHEQ & process initiatives
- Deputise for the Production Manager in his absence
- Experienced in the Chemical / Chemistry industry
- Experience in batch manufacturing
- Proven team leadership skills, enthusiastic, adaptable and flexible
- Excellent verbal and numerical skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Experience of fractional distillation
- Steam generation
- Safety qualification
- HAZOP/RA experience
Educated to Degree level in Chemical Engineering or Science
Minimum of 2 years manufacturing experience within a GMP or Fine Chemicals top tier COMAH environment
If you feel that this role doesn't match your skills and expertise, please visit our website for a variety of Permanent, Temporary and Contract vacancies.
We endeavour to reply to all applications. However if you have not heard from us within 7 days you have been unsuccessful with this particular role. You are very welcome to apply to future advertisements placed by The Sammons Group.
The Sammons Group is an Employment Business and Employment Agency as defined by the EAA Regulations 2003, and we abide by the Code of Practice of our industry body (the Recruitment & Employment Confederation - REC).
We are committed to supporting and promoting diversity in the workplace, and welcome applications from candidates regardless of age, belief, disability, ethnic origin/nationality, gender/gender reassignment, marital/civil partnership status, pregnancy/maternity, or sexual orientation - we recruit on the basis of talent. If you require reasonable adjustments in the recruitment process, please let us know.
We regret that as a recruitment consultancy we are unable to seek visas for applicants not holding current entitlement to work in the UK.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'