One of the UK’s largest independent manufacturers of Speciality Organic Chemicals is seeking an experienced Chemical Engineer.
Duties may include:
- Initiation, design, implementation and commissioning of Plant Modification Proposals, to modify existing plant, including all relevant hazard assessments and HAZOPs.
- Deciding the scope and extent of hazard assessment required relevant to the process, carrying out calculations, deciding on and implementing testing programmes to obtain further data, initiating and leading HAZOPs as required, and revising designs accordingly, and maintaining the risk assessment record system.
- Ensuring all chemical engineering work is in compliance with Statutory Regulations and Codes of Practice.
- Liaise with the Project Engineering section to develop the plant design, layout, costing and proposals for authorisation.
- Act as the Chemical Engineering expert on Process Improvement Groups and Project teams and advise Research Department, on practical solutions to develop process routes for new and existing processes.
- Advise other Engineers, Customers, Contractors and Consultants on technical matters covering design, safety, and materials of construction and processing techniques.
- Act as Project Leader to specified projects with responsibility for expenditure budget, overall design, and completion to agreed targets and operating performance.
- Organisation of design and commissioning work and requests for resources, to achieve the required Production budget.
Skills and experience:
- Graduate Chemical engineer.
- Chartered or actively working towards chartered engineering status.
- Several year’s relevant industrial experience.
- Developing new processes and improving existing ones.
- On-plant experience in commissioning and practical trouble shooting skills
- COMAH regulations & implementation
- Experience of DSEAR methodology
- Experience of SIL and LOPA assessments
- Relief system sizing & DIERS methodology
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'