Chefs of all levels, Ely, £20,000-£30,000
At Select Hospitality Cambridge we are currently recruiting on behalf of our client for a range of Chefs to assist an amazing business in Ely
The Chefs will be responsible for food production, ensuring that the highest standards of food service are achieved in an efficient and cost effective manner. To supervise, train and motivate the kitchen brigade below them and to deliver these high standards in compliance with Food and Health & Safety Regulations. The business is currently running very successfully serving around 500-600 covers a day on the weekend, however there is always room for growth certainly on the weekdays.
* To oversee the preparation and provision of high quality locally sourced ingredients
* Create and develop traditional British Cuisine Menus utilising local fresh ingredients
* To collaborate with the Owner in creating and executing high quality meals, serving food from brunch to late
* To assist with regular stock takes as requested, and to monitor, account for and action any discrepancies immediately.
* Responsible for health, safety and hygiene within the kitchen area, in line with the Food Hygiene and H&S policies and as required by relevant legislation.
* To ensure effective communication amongst the kitchen staff team and between the kitchen and other areas of the catering department.
* To accept a flexible attitude towards work and to understand that the requirements of the post may vary and develop depending on changing circumstances within the business and the development of the group
Experience and Skills required
* Experience of working in a busy fresh produce restaurant
* Ideally qualified to Food safety Level 3
* Ability to train, develop and guide staff.
* Excellent standard of written and spoken communication: ability to communicate with many different types e.g. staff, management, clients and suppliers.
* An understanding of seasonal food trends when writing menus
* Responsible and trustworthy.
* Enthusiastic about staff training and development.
* Good leadership skills.
* Willingness to take a flexible approach to work duties, to include cover for staff holidays, sickness and being on duty for special functions.
Salary and Benefits
* My client is offering successful Chefs a salary of between £20,000 - £30000
* Working hours will be an average of 48 hours per week.
* The Head Chef will be expected to ensure that the kitchen is covered at all times
To apply for this position, please submit your CV via this website. For further information please contact Jonathan Taylor on at our Cambridge office.
Keep in touch and connect with us:
- Chefs of all levels. Busy Traditional restaurant