The planning and preparation of high quality meals and snacks for residents and visitors to the home.
To plan and deliver the full dining experience with high quality catering, contributing to the overall wellbeing of the residents within the budgets agreed.
Pay Rate: £10.00 p/h
Hours: 18 hours over 2 days a week
Food Preparation and Handling
- Prepare and cook all daily meals for residents and staff, and provide catering for special occasions and events, such as birthday cakes;
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification;
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
Health and Safety
- Understand and encourage the principles of safe food handling to ensure all food preparation undertaken in the kitchen is to the highest standards of hygiene;
- Track and Monitor temperature checks of refrigerators and freezers to ensure food is stored safely;
- Prepare and oversee the cleaning rota, to ensure the regular cleaning of all kitchen areas, equipment and appliances to meet the high standards of cleanliness necessary in food storage, preparation and service areas;
- Understand your personal responsibilities and practice safe systems of work in relation to the Health and Safety at Work Act including a working knowledge of COSHH assessments;
- Practice safe systems of work across the range of tasks and in particular moving and handling of loads, by assessing risk and having due regard for personal safety of residents, visitors and staff;
- Take reasonable care of items of equipment used to carry out tasks, including general cleanliness and advising on any faults and the need for maintenance or replacement;
- Use and clean kitchen equipment and have the knowledge to observe the Food Safety (General Food Hygiene) Regulations 1995;
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations;
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to the Home Manager;
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager;
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly.
- Act in a professional and courteous manner at all times towards residents and their visitors, respecting the dignity and individuality of each resident and ensure effective communication is maintained;
- Develop a welcoming culture within the home to encourage an engaged team working ethos, responding positively to colleagues and actioning all reasonable work instructions promptly.
An energetic, committed yet approachable team member, the person who fulfils this role will add real value their obvious passion and commitment to both residents, families and staff alike, but will have the ability to multi-task in a high pressure environment with care and compassion.
Their talent and ability will be a reflection of the brighterkind culture and values and will help showcase the best of our organisation.
To succeed you will be:
- A team player - brighterkind is a low 'ego' organisation;
- Strong communicator and influencer;
- Energetic and hard-working;
- Passionate about offering superior services and want to make a difference in everything that they do.
A sense of humour and positive outlook on life - Glass half full rather than half empty is key!
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'