Chef - £9.63p/h
Overall Purpose of the Chef Role
To prepare, assemble, cook all menu dishes, providing high quality dishes for the customer and client. Assist in general cleaning of the kitchen, maintaining high standards of hygiene. Drive sales through centrally driven menu plans and promotions and ensure compliance through preferred suppliers. Provide high quality service to customers and client in line with a food service offer that is applicable to sector and client.
Quality of Work as a Chef
- To prepare, cook and assemble menus aligned to client environment and centrally driven menus and promotions where appropriate
- Follow set portion control and ensure all food is purchased in the first instance from our preferred list of suppliers wherever possible
- To ensure all food is stored, handled and packed at the correct temperature and in accordance with Food Handling and Hygiene Regulations
- To maintain records of temperatures and remedial action taken where necessary, reporting all issues to your line manager
- To serve on the food counters in the client's premises following all customer service standards
- Use machinery as shown and trained to ensure equipment is used safely and in accordance with legislation, and reporting of equipment issues to your line manager
- To ensure that work areas are kept clean and that all waste is recorded and disposed of correctly
- To be competent and skilled to work in all areas of preparation, cook and counter service
- Ensure the quality and presentation of the food is to the highest standard and specification
- Ensure the quality and the presentation of hospitality catering is to the highest standard
- To comply with all Health and safety legislation
- To attend and comply with any training by Brands, Health and Safety, Food Safety etc.
- To ensure you comply with current dress and personal hygiene regulations.
- To be responsible for monitoring and recording, day to day production schedule of each menu item.
- There is always a choice of food for the customers
- Achieving GP through keeping costs down
- There is enough food even during busy periods
- Competent to work within or lead, manage and develop the team
- Acts in line with guidelines and procedures, to ensure the team operates to it's maximum potential
- Always strives to deliver above and beyond the expectations set by management, customer and client
- Has a proven desire for the delivery of the highest quality of service and food offer obtainable
- Has the drive to ensure that all results are attained in the most professional and honest manner
- City & Guilds 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
- Experience of supervising a team
- Good people skills
- Passion about food and customer service
- Experience in a similar environment
- Food Hygiene Certificate
- High standards and quality driven
- A 'can do' attitude
- Chef Whites
£9.63p/h, 37.5 hours per week, 9 weeks holiday
To apply please call Nicole at Cordant People
Cordant Group is an equal opportunities employer
- Chef de Partie
- Chef Manager
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'