Spire Healthcare is a leading independent hospital group with 39 hospitals, 10 clinics and two Specialist Cancer Care Centres across England, Wales and Scotland. We deliver to the highest standard of care, and we've been putting patients at the heart of everything we do for nearly 40 years.
A career at Spire Healthcare offers variety, development and outstanding teamwork. As a Chef within the Operations team, you will be a driven candidate looking to progress their career. In return, we offer a work/life balance - with no late evening work, in addition to weekend shifts being enhanced.
About the role
You will be required to carry out duties of preparation, cooking and delivery of a food and beverage service to patients, consultants and staff in both the staff restaurant and patient rooms, through food preparation and assisting with service. Ensuring that all work is carried out in a hygienic and methodical manner.
Duties and responsibilities
* To carry out duties of preparation of food, including peeling/chopping of vegetables. Meal preparation. Meal presentation and service of food and beverages, to the specified standard, to staff, patients and consultants.
* To assist, when required, with the service of food to staff, consultants, visitors and patients in both the restaurant, coffee shop and wards.
* To pro-actively engage with patients to raise awareness of the availability of a food and beverage service that can be tailored to suit their individual needs.
* To maintain adequate control of all stock through stock rotation, date checking and ensuring packaging is intact in the kitchen, pantry, beverage bays (outpatients department) and the coffee shop.
Who we're looking for
* Experienced Chef/ Junior Chef ready to move into a new role
* Team player
* Motivated individual ready to hit the ground running
* Experienced within high volumes
* Able to cater for a wide range of dietary requirements.
We commit to our employees well-being through training, support and reward. We offer employees a market competitive salary as well as a comprehensive benefits package which includes but is not limited to:
* 25 days holiday plus bank holidays
* Contributory pension scheme
* Life assurance
* Private medical insurance
* Wellness screening
* Eyesight tests
* Childcare vouchers
* Cycle to work
* Discount portal (including cash back and reloadable cards)
Join us, share our values and invest in your future. With opportunities to learn and develop your own skills, you can help us build on our reputation for excellent service.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job