We are looking for an experienced chef to join our team at Elior working in partnership with Country Court Care as second chef in Lyle House care home
This Chef position is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Chef looking to work in innovative kitchens pushing the boundaries of new skills in a challenging but rewarding environment. You will join a fun and dynamic team who pride themselves on high standards.
Lyle House Care Home SW15 5LH
Summary of Role
As chef, you will prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements. You will be responsible for motivating the team to achieve Elior UK objectives.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Chef for Elior you will
• Prepare and present high quality food in line with Elior UK objectives and client requirements.
• Ensure food preparation and control meets requirements in respect of COSHH, Food Safety and Health & Safety regulations are adhered to and any incidents are reported in line with procedures."
• Be responsible for collecting and checking deliveries as required and placing them in the appropriate storage areas.
• Be responsible for ensuring high standards of cleanliness of all areas in the kitchen and of equipment.
• Provide support to other members of the kitchen and front of house team as required.
• Support management with internal and external communications, effectively communicating relevant information to the kitchen team.
• Assist Management and deputise in innovative menu planning and design of food service within specified budgets maintaining high standard of food presentation and ensuring portion and quality control.
• To support management in creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and innovative food.
• Assist Management and deputise in maintaining, ordering and control of food stocks within budget and using nominated suppliers.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As a Chef we look for the following:
• Experience in working in a similar catering and hospitality environment.
• Hold a recognised practical cookery qualification - 706/1 & 2 or NVQ equivalent
• Minimum Level 2 food safety certificate
• Experience of managing food costs and gross profit desirable.
• Able to work on own initiative and take responsibility when needed.
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
• Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
• Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
• Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
• Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
• Responsibility: takes personal responsibility to ensure all Elior ways of working are adhered to.
40 hours over 4 days per weeks
Salary & Benefits
£10.50 per hour
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
Please attach your latest CV to the application
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job