At Envigo, we are working together to build a healthier and safer world, we exist to help our customers secure the potential of their research and develop products that enhance and enrich life.
We are looking for a chef, to work in our in house Restaurant, in Eye Suffolk. Are you looking for sociable hours? No weekends or evenings, then look no further! 7.30am to 3.30pm Monday - Friday. The restaurant currently provides a selection of hot meals (Prepared and cooked from Scratch), sandwiches (freshly made and pre-packed), salads, grab and go offerings and hot/cold desserts to our staff and visitors. You will also prepare hospitality lunches and refreshments for our clients.
You will be responsible for all the cooking, with the Head Chefs support and will work with a small team of restaurant assistants. You will report to the head chef. When the Head Chef is away you will be expected to run the entire restaurant facility and supervise the restaurant assistants.
This is a great opportunity for someone who is enthusiastic about cooking, likes to work in a team and can come up with some new and innovative ideas. You will have excellent customer service skills and enjoy working in the hospitality industry.
As Chef your key responsibilities will be:
- Ensuring food is prepared, handled and stored in full compliance with Health & Safety Legislation, Food Hygiene Legislation and Allergen Labelling
- Producing all meals (preparing and cooking)
- Controlling and directing the food preparation process
- Ensure the food produced is of a high quality, consistent and is well presented
- Serving food
- Ensuring cleaning schedules are adhered too
- Supporting and directing the restaurant assistants
- Work with the Head Chef to construct seasonal menus
- Client lunches - ensuring these are prepared and delivered on time and to a high standard of quality and presentation
- Reducing food waste- ensuring portion sizes are controlled
- Managing stock levels - ensuring all orders are given to the Head Chef
- Ensure food stock rooms are well organised, goods are clearly labelled and the areas are clean
- Promptly report any maintenance issues with equipment to the Head Chef
The skills and experience we’re looking for are:
- Essential- Proven experience as a Chef (qualifications to be provided)
- Essential- Proven experience of cooking a variety of different meals from scratch (either Chef trained or experience gained from on the job training).
- Essential- Food and Hygiene Level 2
- Desirable- Level 2 Food preparation and Cooking
- Desirable- Allergen training and able to train others
- Financial acumen- In the absence of the Head Chef you will be required to cash up at the end of the working day and complete cash flow and P&L spread sheets
- Good PC skills - to place orders, send emails, update the Intranet system in the absence of the Head Chef
- Organisational skills- To direct staff according to the requirements of the day
- Team player- Able to work with a team of restaurant assistants whilst directing them as necessary
- Decision maker- able to reduce/adjust service offerings if necessary and communicate this effectively
If you are professional, forward thinking, enthusiastic and highly motivated, then we want you to join us and help us achieve our mission - to be the best company to work with and the best company to work for.
+ Generous holiday allowance
+ Excellent training & development opportunities
+ Pension contributions
+ Life Assurance
+ A range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle
- Food Hygiene
- Food Preparation
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job