The following job is no longer available:
Chef Supervisor - The Brasserie
Chef Supervisor - The Brasserie
The Brasserie is a commercial restaurant and training kitchen for students, staff and customers with a focus on excellence and quality. Based on site at our MK College campus in Bletchley, We provide an exciting and unique dining experience to all guests where the students are at the heart of all that we do.
As Chef Supervisor, you will provide inspiration to both staff and students working within the restaurant and work closely with curriculum to ensure that students are engaged. You will provide assessment opportunities for all catering and hospitality students at various levels, allowing them to express their personalities and creativity in the restaurant. Supporting students to gain employability skills and understand industry expectations will be a key focus of the role.
As well as the above, you will play a key role in guiding and supporting the wider catering team at MK College to ensure commercial excellence.
The nature of the role requires, a high level of craft skills and experience of working within restaurants and previous supervisory / management experience.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic there will be the need to be adaptable in the approach to the restaurant. We also recognise that it may not be possible for the post holder to achieve all of the role specific criteria due to risk mitigation controls in place at the college.
Location: Multi Site
Hours: 37 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
Salary: Up to £25,000 per annum
Closing Date: Friday 25th September 2020
More about the rewards
- 25 days annual leave, 3 additional days leave for Christmas to New Year closure and UK Bank Holidays Pro Rata, Per Annum
- Amazing discounts with NUS card, ranging from Eating Out, Shopping and Fashion, Health and Fitness, Music, Technology, Travel and Entertainment
- Access to an employee wellbeing platform with options to book free activities such as yoga, relaxation, boot camp, personal training and a health and wellbeing news hub
- Generous pension scheme
- Access to Continued Professional Development, including professional qualifications and a variety of training courses
- Save up to 32% off all bikes through our Cycle To Work Scheme
- 24 hours per day, 365 days per year Employee Assistant Support Programme
- Plus many more...
As the successful candidate you will have
- Be craft trained and have proven industry experience within a high quality commercial restaurant
- Hold a management or supervisory qualification or relevant industry experience of managing or supervising a team
- Commercial restaurant kitchen industry experience (B&I Sector, higher education knowledge would also be advantageous) with full P&L accountability with a proven track record of delivering innovative food and beverage services.
- Be able to manage a team effectively and have experience of kitchen management
- Be able to train and inspire staff and students to deliver excellent levels of food quality and customer service
- Be able to contribute, participate and share in the responsibility for the development of the Department's work and take an active approach to assist in the wider commercial team
- The ability to meet deadlines and organise their workload in an efficient and effective manner to support the business need.
More about the College
Milton Keynes College is proud to be an open and inclusive general Further Education College welcoming learners of all levels and delivering an exceptional educational experience. The College offers a broad range of qualifications with more than 3,000 16 - 18-year-old full-time students studying vocational courses, apprenticeships and Higher Education at our campuses in Milton Keynes. In addition, the College delivers employability and skills training programmes to 3,000 people in local community learning centres. For nearly 30 years, we have worked with offenders in both custody, and the wider community and currently work with 19 prisons across England; this includes 13 prisons, which make up the Long Term High Security Estate, and 6 category B, C & D men's prisons.
Milton Keynes College is a committed safer recruitment employer in line with Keeping Children Safe in Education. We take extreme care in ensuring the safety and welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. All positions therefore undergo a thorough on boarding process to include DBS. In addition, security clearance is required for all prison services positions.
Milton Keynes College has been officially recognised for its commitment and approach to equality, diversity and inclusion. It has been awarded the much sought-after Leaders in Diversity accreditation from the National Centre for Diversity. The award recognises the College's clear ethos and values and a belief in the importance of diversity.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'