Chef Manager required for our beautiful home in Holbeach, Beech Lodge Nursing Home
Hours: 40 hours per week, working weekends on rota (4 days out of 7)
Our Chef Managers are our leaders and motivators who inspire their catering team to provide culinary delights and attractive healthy food to wow our residents in our care homes.
Beech Lodge is a family-led nursing home in Holbeach, set in the heart of the Lincolnshire countryside, offers the very best 5* experience to all who venture through our doors and our hospitality team are at the heart of the home offering the very best nutritional beneficial flavoursome food.
WHY WE’RE UNIQUE
We’re proud to be a family run business that’s grown over the years to a family of over 2000 employees and 30+ care homes. We’re proud to be setting the bar and leading the way with exceptional care homes you’d expect for your loved ones.
Within your role, you can really make a difference to our residents’ lives. Your responsibilities will include:
- Responsible for managing a team to ensure delivery of innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and company standards to achieve and maximise set targets.
- Proactive management of catering team. Responsible for recruiting, supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to our residents
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team & resident communications
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
We want an experienced proactive inspirational leader, who can create a motivational culture in a high-pressured environment and ensure our residents are always delivered a 5* food experience.
You will …
- Be able to effectively listen, establishing trust and ensuring contractual compliance through exemplary leadership.
- Be able to take initiative and responsibility, committing to achieving growth by creating a culture of flexibility, adaptability and challenging the norm.
- Have proven leadership skills
- City & Guilds 7061 or NVQ Level 2 in Catering for the Hospitality Industry
- Ideally over 4 years’ experience in a similar environment and role
And in return you'll get!
You’ll be joining a family business and working alongside a real team-spirited group of people. You’ll also benefit from our generous range of benefits which include:
- 28 days holiday (FTE) (including bank holidays)
- Great pay (plus annual pay reviews!)
- Exciting opportunities for career progression (and we have lots of staff who can tell you about their progression!)
- Enhanced Bank Holiday rates at Christmas and New Year at Double time, all other bank holiday paid at Time and a Half
- Work Life Balance and the ability in some roles to choose shifts to suit you
- Supportive and bespoke Induction Training Programmes, ongoing training and development and nationally recognised qualifications*
- Paid online learning time
- Refer a friend or resident bonus scheme*
- Pension contributions
- Free parking
- Free Uniform
- Free DBS Check*
- An excellent range of discounts for restaurants, shops, cinemas, days out and more!
- Annual Staff Awards Programme across all our Homes celebrating our great staff
- Opportunity to work in beautifully appointed interior designed homes
- Opportunity to work for an award-winning Care Home provider
*Subject to Terms and Conditions
Country Court Care is an equal opportunities employer. Please ask to see our equal opportunities policy for further information.
Interested? Apply now: We’d love to hear from you and can offer same day job offers*
You may have experience of Chef, cook, restaurant chef, sous chef, personal chef, executive chef, kitchen chef, chef de cuisine, head chef, chef manager, kitchen manager, chief chef, culinary arts, food handling, food quality
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'