Roman Ridge, Sheffield
£8.80 per hour
35 hours per week
Why work for us?
Extra care services provide comfort, independence and peace of mind. Residents live independently, safe in the knowledge that support is available in their home should they need it. Spacious apartments with on-site communal facilities create an environment where residents can enjoy healthy, active, and independent lifestyles in their later years.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Chef Manager with strong leadership skills and a creative flair to manage the delivery of a high quality catering service that meets the high expectations and varied dietary requirements of our tenants. Roman Ridge Extra Care Scheme provides skilled and qualified carers who are committed to respecting independent living and helping residents achieve a fulfilling lifestyle.
To find out more about Roman Ridge please click here
The role of Chef Manager will include:
- Managing the day to day running of a busy kitchen as well as managing an Assistant Chef and a team of Catering Assistants
- Designing, planning and preparing a varied set of menus that caters for individual needs, including special diets and the preferences of each tenant
- Managing all stock and wastage levels, ensuring that the kitchen remains at a professional standard whilst operating within commercial requirements and budget
- Management of all documentation, including auditing, HACCP, Health & Safety
Skills and experiences:
- Proven experience as a Chef within a similar environment
- A catering qualification such as City and Guilds 706 1/2 (or equivalent) is desirable
- Previous experience of staff management and of leading teams within a busy kitchen
- Friendly and approachable with the ability to interact with our residents, visitors and colleagues
Ready to join us?
As part of our commitment to making Sanctuary a great place to work, we offer you access to a range of great employee benefits and the opportunity to develop and progress within your career. Benefits include:
- A pension scheme, with matching contributions from Sanctuary up to set limits
- 28 days annual leave (including bank holidays) pro rata
- Life assurance
- Family friendly arrangements, including opportunities for flexible working
- Health and well-being plans
- A variety of online discounts and rewards from major retailers
- Tax efficient schemes for you to save on buying a new bike to cycle to work or on a range of childcare services including after school clubs and summer camps
- A wide range of learning and development opportunities
- The full time equivalent for this role is 37.5 hours per week
To view the Job Profile please click here
Closing Date: 17 April 2018
We reserve the right depending on application numbers to close or extend the closing dates for positions; we would therefore recommend an early application.
Building Equality and Diversity
We work closely with the Home Office in order to prevent unlawful working.
An enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check will be necessary in the event of a successful application which we will pay for.
Sanctuary Group is a trading name of Sanctuary Housing Association, an exempt charity.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job