£22,000 - 37.5 hours a week Monday to Friday - no evenings
We are looking for an experienced contract catering chef manager, ideally with a B & I background, to join an established nationwide contract catering company.
You will be responsible for writing & costing lunch menus, controlling the GP and costs & budgets, maintaining compliance, and ensuring high levels of presentation.
ROLE - CHEF MANAGER
As the chef manager you will report to an area manager and be responsible for:
- Menu design & costing and liaising with suppliers
- Controlling the GP, costs, budgets, wastage, and labour
- Recruitment & training
- Managing the kitchen IT systems
- Stock management
- Delivering consistent presentation
- Maintaining company systems & procedures
- Ensuring all relevant compliance & legislation is adhered to
ATTRIBUTES - CHEF MANAGER
- Experience as a chef manager in busy contract catering operations, ideally the care sector
- Menu development and costing skills
- An intrinsic understanding of H & S, food safety, and legislation
- Excellent people, communication, and man-management skills
- Financial acumen - controlling budgets, costs and labour
- Staff recruitment, training, and development
- A positive and outgoing personality and outlook
- The ability to inspire, lead, coach, and motivate
- Stock management
- IT literate - working with systems & procedures
This is an excellent opportunity to join a successful company at this level.
Please note: You must be resident in the UK and eligible to work. Unfortunately, due to the high volume of responses to our advertisements we are only able to respond to successful applicants. If you have not had a response from us within 5 working days please assume that your application has not been successful.
Penny Cook Recruitment is an equal opportunities employer, a recruitment agency dedicated to recruitment in the Hospitality Industry.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job