This job has ended. Find similar jobs.
Chef/Kitchen Team Leader - Retail
Working in a newly refurbished restaurant within the Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
Nuffield Orthopaedic Centre
Summary of Role
Our Retail Chef will be responsible for ensuring sustained growth of turnover and net operating profits by effectively managing the kitchen and the delivery of culinary excellence. Responsible for providing day to day culinary advice, innovative solutions and quality service in line with business objectives and Elior UK standards to achieve and maximise set targets. Establish and maintain a committed and engaged team.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
As Retail Chef for Elior you will be expected to:
- Produce a Menu to a high standard whilst working by yourself, and following all recipes making sure you are able to give correct allergen advice.
- Proactive management of catering team. Responsible for supporting, training and people development to deliver an efficient, high quality service to Elior UK, customer and client.
- Accountable for ensuring that all aspects of the ''Elior eXperience'' are communicated and embedded within the team supporting the service champion as appropriate.
- Accountable for ensuring ongoing team communications, including building internal and external relationships, management reporting and client liaison to enable operational excellence.
- Accountable for maintaining, ordering and controlling food stocks within budget.
- Accountable for innovative menu planning, and design of food service within specified budgets ensuring high standard of food presentation and portion/quality control.
- Accountable for creating a platform for financial growth through cost control and culinary excellence.
- Accountable for COSHH, Food Safety, H&S, legal regulations, environmental policies and duty of care to customer and colleagues.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications
As Retail Chef we look for the following:
- City & Guilds or NVQ qualifications within the Catering trade
- A proven track record of Chef experience
- Ability to be able to work on their own and to deadlines.
- Relevant qualifications including food hygiene / Health & safety
- Allergy aware
Core Values and Behaviours
Because we believe that the whole experience matters at Elior we look for someone who shares the same values:
- Employee Recognition: recognise and value the contribution of others.
- Loyalty to our client/customer satisfaction: warm, friendly and genuine with ability to build trust and loyalty.
- Innovation: actively seek to improve ways of working and offer suggestions.
- Operational Excellence: committed to achieving results through demonstrating a “can-do” attitude.
Salary & Benefits
Up to £25000.00 gross salary for the perfect candidate
As well as an enjoyable place to work, Elior offer a comprehensive benefits package including access to offers, promotions and discounts to retail and leisure providers.
full time 40 hours per week Monday to Friday