center: "SE10 0TW",
The InterContinental London - The O2 is a new luxury hotel in the historic Royal Greenwich located on the vibrant Greenwich Peninsula. The hotel exposes breath-taking views of the river Thames and Canary Wharf and features 453 spacious guest rooms and suites spread over 18 floors.
Furthermore a state of the art Spa with an indoor 17m pool, the globally renowned Club InterContinental executive lounge, an impressive array of 19 meeting spaces with natural day light and one of Europe's largest pillar free ballroom with a capacity of up to 3,000 people.
In addition, The Peninsula Restaurant provides a special fine dining experience while the Market Brassiere encompasses provenance and spirit of the famous Greenwich Market and Meridian Lounge is ideal for quintessential afternoon teas. The Clipper Bar is an architectural work of art with spectacular floor to ceiling views and lastly the stunning Eighteen Sky Bar, which offers unrivalled views of London.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Chef de Rang to join our growing team in the Peninsula Restaurant on an exciting journey towards service excellence and new success stories.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Prepare the Mise en Place, ensure table maintenance is always spot on.
* Food always first; serve the dishes straight away and explain them to the guests.
* Provide knowledgeable cheese and coffee service.
* Ensure that a full and accurate handover occurs between shifts including details such as: outstanding guest bills; guest challenges; unfinished wine; etc.
* Ensure all equipment, cutlery, crockery, glassware, linen etc. is properly looked after and is clean, tidy and in immaculate condition.
* Understand how to process payments efficiently, count floats accurately and enforce cash handling procedures.
* Supports the team with up-selling features and be knowledgeable in your role.
* Respects colleagues and work closely with other associates to deliver memorable experiences.
* Identify situations where providing assistance to colleagues would ensure that the team operates most effectively as a whole.
* Stay abreast of market trends and customer expectations.
* Maintain a flexible approach to duties and working hours.
* Have a thorough working knowledge of all products within the Peninsula Restaurant.
* Constantly critique quality levels of service and product consistency, provide suggestions to the manager.
* Consider the satisfaction of all guests by ensuring prompt, courteous and efficient service at all times.
What we are looking for
Required Skills and experience:
* Examples of organisational and English communication skills must be displayed
* Profound knowledge of customer service and of all beverage products such as spirits, wines, beers, cocktail and cocktail preparation methods is desired but not essential.
* Micros or other similar POS system knowledge is taken into consideration.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job