The Railway Inn, Myrtle Farm, Sandford, Somerset
Who are Thatchers Cider?
Established in 1904 by William John Thatcher, we have grown into one of the top cider-making businesses in the world. Now in our fourth generation of family cider makers, we’re exceptionally proud of our Somerset roots.
We’ve experienced tremendous growth through industry-leading levels of investment in our marketing, people development, innovative technology and world-class cider mill. The best part? We’re just getting started.
We are currently looking for an experienced and talented Chef de Partie to join us at The Railway Inn, located at our Cider Farm in Sandford, Somerset, with an immediate start.
What we offer
- Competitive hourly rate plus service tips
- Company discount
- 4 days on 3 days off
- A creative space to share and develop dishes
This is the perfect opportunity for an experienced and creative Chef De Partie, with a flare and passion for quality food, to join our highly successful and growing organisation.
This is a rewarding role with lots of opportunities for professional growth. You will be joining a supportive team, passionate about creating delicious food and delivering excellent service to all our customers.
We’re excited about the 2021 summer season as the Railway Inn will be fully open and ready to receive guests again. It’s a popular venue with customers from all across the South and South-West so we’re looking for someone who thrives in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
If this sounds like the job for you, our Head Chef James would like to hear from you.
As the Chef de Partie, you will provide support to the kitchen team by preparing and cooking high quality dishes, ensuring the service and food is delivered to the highest standards.
Additionally, you will:
- Assist the Head Chef and Sous Chef in creating menu items, recipes and developing dishes
- Monitor portion and waste control
- Keep and maintain a clean section and work area
- Manage and train junior members of the team
- Assist with the management of health and safety, hygiene and cleanliness
To join us as Chef de Partie, you will need:
- Experience as a professional chef
- Awareness of manual handling techniques
- Experience of kitchen equipment
- Knowledge and ability to run a section
- The ability to work well as part of a team and independently
- To work well under pressure and with deadlines
- Good attention to detail
- Clear communication skills and an approachable nature
- The ability to follow directions and instructions
Other organisations may call this role Station Chef, Line Cook, Sous Chef, or Chef.
Webrecruit and Thatchers Cider are equal opportunities employers, value diversity and are strongly committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and all applicants for employment. Equal opportunities are the only acceptable way to conduct business and we believe that the more inclusive our environments are, the better our work will be.
So, if you’re seeking your next challenge as a Chef De Partie, please apply via the button shown. This vacancy is being advertised by Webrecruit. The services advertised by Webrecruit are those of an Employment Agency.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'